dropped notes on playback

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

billfiler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

dropped notes on playback

Post by billfiler »

I'm converting all of my MIDI sequences to Mach V for my live gig.
I have a V rack with 3 instances of Mach V and 2 of EZ drummer.
I noticed today that notes are being dropped in Mach V. For example a snare on 2 and 4 would drop out every other measure. I know it is just Mach V because when I switch to EZdrummer, all the notes are being played. I've been working for days on converting all of these tunes I hope I haven't wasted my time.
I thought for sure my computer could handle it. It is a new macbook pro with 500G SSD and 16
G of Ram
When I look at the mixer window in Mach V I can see the signal go up when the snare should sound so it is getting the MIDI note but for some reason the audio is not coming out.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bill
Phil O

Re: dropped notes on playback

Post by Phil O »

I don't have Mach V, but I had a similar problem with some MIDI files created in Finale that I tried to play in DP. I found (quite by accident) that if I shortened the duration of all the notes, just by a couple of ticks, it stopped dropping notes. I don't know why this worked, but it did. Again this was DP, not Mach V, so YMMV.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
daniel.sneed

Re: dropped notes on playback

Post by daniel.sneed »

Just in case: Could this be related to the *dropped notes bug* in bounce to disk?
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...