Variable Loop Position

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Apeman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Variable Loop Position

Post by Apeman »

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger a loop, stop it then when you retrigger it have it start from where it stopped?

Thank you very much!

Tony
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Variable Loop Position

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I doubt that is possible in DP.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Apeman

Post by Apeman »

Thanks MIDI life Crisis for your response! It's too bad because I've got some cool long samples that would be great if I could just stop them and start back up. I supppose I could remap several of the same samples with different start times but I'd probably have to load multiple instances because MachFive would only read the last start time that I saved one one sample.
crduval

Post by crduval »

Hi apeman I'm not in the studio to check at the moment but it might be possible to automate the start position of your sample with a MIDI controller; maybe in combination with a script. Worth checking out anyway... Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Apeman

Post by Apeman »

Thanks man. Haven't delved into scripts yet. I find the interface on the MachFive so un-mac intuitive that it is sometimes painful. It's gotten better though. At least you can see the darn thing now!