SOLVED-MagicDave! & J.Steele, can you please shed a light ..

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

MahaDevi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SOLVED-MagicDave! & J.Steele, can you please shed a light ..

Post by MahaDevi »

Hey SuperMagicDave and J.Steele,

I already posted my question in another thread (http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=57302):

I have a problem with my mappings and still can´t figure out what´s causing the problem, must be a setting I didn´t find yet(?)... my audiosamples (which are mapped in several layers) playback as long as the note (= sample) duration is, however I want them to stop (send a note off) on key release (which I assumed to be the default setting :? ....). ADHSR curve is inactive and layer rules didn´t help either ....

I simply need a "note off" on key release, do I write a script for that?

Can you please be so kind and shed a light on this mystery?

Thanks!
MahaDevi
Last edited by MahaDevi on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." (Confucius)
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: MagicDave! & J.Steele, can you please shed a light on th

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Why don't you try tech support? They don't bite. Much.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Maha, I know you can do what you want, for sure.

I'm nowhere near MF at the moment, but I think you set it up right in the oscillators section. If you right click, you should see a command to stop the sample the moment you lift your fingers off the keyboard. You could even reverse them, loop them back and forth, etc.

This should be easy to find in the manual. Have you looked in there?
When you find your answer you will be annoyed it was right in front of you all along (in the manual and some contextual menu).
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MahaDevi

Post by MahaDevi »

FMiguelez wrote:Maha, I know you can do what you want, for sure.
When you find your answer you will be annoyed it was right in front of you all along (in the manual and some contextual menu).
Woohoo! Thx a lot! I found it .... finally .... after pulling most of my hair ;) and yes it was right in front of me, but a little hidden in the right corner (Batch button -> Set playback type) and of course I feel like a complete idiot now. In the manual I mainly looked into the chapters about Mapping, Layer, Keygroups etc. and didn´t find it there ... and in Mach V I focused on Layers, List view etc. in order to find something named "note off" or "release key".

Mach V reminds me of a mystery game like Myst or something ... but anyway it´s a lovely Sample Player :)

Thx again for your help!

MahaDevi
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." (Confucius)
FMiguelez

Re: SOLVED-MagicDave! & J.Steele, can you please shed a ligh

Post by FMiguelez »

Glad you sorted it out, Maha.

Remember that a lot of the power of MachFive 3 will be found in the contextual menus. There are lots of goodies there.

Also, notice that, depending on the kind of oscillator you are currently using, you obviously get different options.

If you haven't already, I and if you want to have an in-depth guided look at MF3, check out this video-tutorial. Best $30 bucks you'll spend:
http://www.groove3.com/str/machfive-3-explained.html
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman