Question about additional documentation

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

MahaDevi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Question about additional documentation

Post by MahaDevi »

Hi all!

On page 237 in my Mach V 3.0 manual I can see that there is some additional documentation available "on the installer disc or http://www.motu.com". I am especially interested in the examples and tutorials on MachFiveScript but didn´t find anything on the DVD or the Motu website.

Where can I find these additional documentation? :?

Regards,
MahaDevi
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." (Confucius)
bayswater

Re: Question about additional documentation

Post by bayswater »

See http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=57220 I haven't come across anything else not mentioned here.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MahaDevi

Post by MahaDevi »

Thx!

I hoped to find some some more detailed information on mapping and scripting.

One of the problems I couldn´t figure out so far (depite RTFM) is that my audiosamples (which are mapped in several layers) playback as long as the note (= sample) duration is, however I want them to stop (send a note off) on key release (which I assumed to be the default setting :? ....). ADHSR curve is inactive and layer rules didn´t help either ....

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get a note off on key release?

MahaDevi
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." (Confucius)
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I had the same problem as you. It was not always obvious from the manual how to do a lot of things in MachFive, and I was also looking for the next level of documentation, something more "how to". I'm sure I'll figure it out after a while, but when this comes up, I'm usually in the middle of a project and want something quickly.

A simple approach is to start with an existing MachFive program that does what I want and just replace the keymaps or samples. If you find a layer that does what you want you can duplicate it or copy and paste it from one program to another and change the keymaps for multilayer sounds. You can find a lot of stuff in the list editor this way.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8