MachFive Documentation

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

a_bugaichuk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MachFive Documentation

Post by a_bugaichuk »

bayswater wrote:
a_bugaichuk wrote:2 corbo-billy, MIDI Life Crisis

Excuse me, I will explain. The reason is very simple - between Russia and America is very large distance. And of course, if you can get the product in downloadable form (from hands), you are unlikely to want to bother with the postage.
Thus no sense write to support about, unlikely they will scan the user manual for me personally.
Oh, so it's not a legal copy. That's that then.
At what point it is not legal? There are process - ilok license transfer.
(Where am I? :? )
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

a_bugaichuk wrote:At what point it is not legal? There are process - ilok license transfer.
(Where am I? :? )
Is your copy of MachFive registered with MOTU? If so, you should contact them about a manual. Either way, the manual is copyrighted, and no one here can give you a copy of it legally.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

bayswater wrote:Is your copy of MachFive registered with MOTU?
Yes, i did it.
bayswater wrote:If so, you should contact them about a manual.
I'm sorry, but for what? They will send me a manual by post ?

ЗЫ But in general, about the copyright (which applies to the manual, about scan it and share) you're right. I did not think about it.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

a_bugaichuk wrote:
Yes, i did it.

ЗЫ But in general, about the copyright (which applies to the manual, about scan it and share) you're right. I did not think about it.
It costs you nothing to contact them and ask for a manual. You might get one, or you might not, but if you registered your copy, why would you not not even ask? As for postage, the rate to Russia from the US for something like this is a little less than $9 for first class mail. Exactly the same as postage from the US to Canada, or just about anywhere else in the world. I don't see a problem.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

bayswater wrote: I don't see a problem.
I do but it has nothing to do with MachFive. I'd go with "user error" on this one.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:
a_bugaichuk wrote:2 corbo-billy, MIDI Life Crisis

Excuse me, I will explain. The reason is very simple - between Russia and America is very large distance. And of course, if you can get the product in downloadable form (from hands), you are unlikely to want to bother with the postage.
Thus no sense write to support about, unlikely they will scan the user manual for me personally.
Oh, so it's not a legal copy. That's that then.
I had a feeling…
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
billf

Post by billf »

a_bugaichuk wrote:
Yes, i did it.

If it is indeed registered with MOTU, then contacting them to get a manual is the only course of action.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

:arrrr: Arrrrr-ski!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

bayswater wrote:It costs you nothing to contact them and ask for a manual. You might get one, or you might not, but if you registered your copy, why would you not not even ask?
Now I remembered that when i talked with support, I mentioned in passing about the manual, and of course there was no offer to sending it to me :lol: . Well, it does not matter, they are not must to do so.
bayswater wrote:As for postage, the rate to Russia from the US for something like this is a little less than $9 for first class mail. Exactly the same as postage from the US to Canada, or just about anywhere else in the world. I don't see a problem.
Oh, well, maybe you right. (I just hoped for the existence of an alternative manual, directly for why you see me here).
Ok, at least you can tell how many pages in this manual? (Is it worth it?)
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

a_bugaichuk wrote: Ok, at least you can tell how many pages in this manual? (Is it worth it?)
Yes it's worth it, it's a short manual, but it covers everything fairly well. They will likely charge you for it.

Since you seem to not be getting it, there is no PDF of the manual, and until recently there was no PDF of the manual for MOTU's DAW Digital Performer, which has no dongle.

In the past before Digital Performer 8 which has a PDF it has been common for people who were using cracked copies of Digital Performer to ask here about a PDF, and it was an easy way to spot software pirates.

Basically there is no PDF for Machfive3, you not knowing that is probably due to the laziness of the seller, but it's seen as a sign your copy may not be legitimate. Contact MOTU Sales over tech support, (quicker of course), and ask them about buying a copy of the manual from them, it's about all you can do.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

Michael Canavan wrote:In the past before Digital Performer 8 which has a PDF it has been common for people who were using cracked copies of Digital Performer to ask here about a PDF, and it was an easy way to spot software pirates.
Oh, really, thanks for info, now I understand from where these sentiments of mistrust and irritability, fallen on my head above :lol: . Excuse me peoples, was not aware of.
No, all ok, positive news - I contacted to the previous user yesterday, he will send it to me.

What about the existence of manual only in physical form, well, nonstandard solution, initially caused puzzled for me, but if thinking better, this is really original way of some guarantee along with hardware key.

(Btw, need note that in last years in the segment of Russian users (both professionals and hobbyists) are increasingly gaining popularity licensed software, I do not know what the reason, maybe as a fashion, but it is a fact.)
Makrotulpa

Post by Makrotulpa »

This is a very interesting topic with some perhaps understandable misconceptions. It is entirely possible to obtain MachFive legally without a manual.

I live in Australia and am impatient. I contacted support and was advised I would need to call MOTU directly to order a competitive upgrade online. I called them, spoke to the polite and helpful Sarah who processed my CC details. I now have an authorised copy of MachFive 3.2 with library elements downloading. What I don't appear to have is a manual. I've sent them an email.

:rtfmmad: :sorry: I can't!
:)
Makrotulpa

Post by Makrotulpa »

I'm curious how essential the manual is. I'm currently in the 30day trial for Groove3 so have access to those. It also seems quite intuitive compared to Kontakt and I barely read that manual.

Post by 667 »

The M5 manual is well-written and quite comprehensive. Very useful in my opinion.