Mach 5 Extreme FX Preview

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

ExpressMix
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mach 5 Extreme FX Preview

Post by ExpressMix »

Is there a way to preview the Extreme FX before loading? I press "Play" and nothing happens.

Thanks.
Last edited by ExpressMix on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Extreme FX Preview

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Please post at least the version you're using, and preferably the OS and machine info, etc.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
ExpressMix

Re: Extreme FX Preview

Post by ExpressMix »

Sorry, Mach 5 v3. I meant to put "Mach 5" in the thread title but I assume Extreme FX only came with Mach 5. Edited.

Not sure what the machine or OS has to do with it. All of that is internal to the Mach 5 UI, the play button at the top of it for (I guess) previewing things.

Thanks.
ExpressMix

Re: Mach 5 Extreme FX Preview

Post by ExpressMix »

So by lack of response I take it that there's no way to browse those FX, to hear them from the Mach 5 browser before loading a slot?
MIDI Life Crisis

You can double click on the sound to load it and not have to go back to the main screen in M5. If you don't like to, try another. Not the most elegant solution, but once you have the sound you want, just repeat the process in a new track (slot) from the directory (sound bank) screen. Repeat.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Isn't there a "audition on load" option in M5? With loading using double click and have it set so the browser does not close after loading, wouldn't that do it?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
a_bugaichuk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by a_bugaichuk »

ExpressMix wrote:Is there a way to preview the Extreme FX before loading? I press "Play" and nothing happens.

Thanks.
It is strange that who either has not been reply in essence to this man (Or I missed something?).
He talked about m5p files (which contained in Xtreme FX library), m5p are not audio files and therefore its not able to preview (pre listen) in MF3 browser.

Btw, is a reasonable question. Speech about instant listening, ie access directly to waw`s, that is typical option to view full library content (incl folders, instrument files (presets) and in general wav`s of which made instruments).

Ie it would just be more convenient, particularly in the case of Xtreme-Fx, where in the main the one wav file at all instrument keygroup. But in mf3, need load entire instrument for listen this one wav. Instant access is only to drum loops.

(But I'm a also mf3 newbie yet, correct me if I'm wrong above).

Of course, it is not critical (seems the same ideology in Halion containers), but the selection process would be faster.
MIDI Life Crisis

I have no idea what the f^&* most of that post is trying to say. If someone can translate I'll give it a shot... :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I have no idea what the f^&* most of that post is trying to say.
Well, judging by the responses I'm not surprised. :)
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I gather a_b is agreeing with the OP. I don't think there is an answer. How do you "preview" an effect?
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

bayswater wrote:How do you "preview" an effect?
Sorry, but i not quite understand question. What is "Preview" term in my mind ? :lol: Or how.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

bayswater wrote:I gather a_b is agreeing with the OP. I don't think there is an answer. How do you "preview" an effect?
Extreme FX aren't effects, it is a sound effects library - and it is a slow and painful process to preview its presets.

Many VI's (and samplers like Kotakt) have elegant ways of auditioning sounds. Not so with M5.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

a_bugaichuk wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I have no idea what the f^&* most of that post is trying to say.
Well, judging by the responses I'm not surprised. :)
So you are capable of intelligible English. It would appear we are being scammed. If not (and I apologize if offense was taken by the one possible assumption on my part) then the discussion is below my pay grade - or at least my tolerance.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

If it's a sound library then the existing audition function I mentioned at the start of this exercise should work. Huh?
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

BTW, it's in the manual.