Can't drag and drop a wav sample

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

nmtrader100
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Can't drag and drop a wav sample

Post by nmtrader100 »

I can't do a simple drag and drop of a wave sample into the machfive edit window. It says "Drag and drop a sample here" but when I try to do this nothing happens. I am beyond frustrated that I can't do this simple task. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
nmtrader100
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Can't drag and drop a wav sample

Post by nmtrader100 »

So it appears that I have to browse to the file using the browser inside machfive. How annoying.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Try dropping on a specific key on the virtual keyboard.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

nmtrader100 wrote:I can't do a simple drag and drop of a wave sample into the machfive edit window. It says "Drag and drop a sample here" but when I try to do this nothing happens. I am beyond frustrated that I can't do this simple task. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
There is a way of doing it, but it requires a "special trick" I don't remember by heart... I think you can drag stuff from the Finder as long as MF is the active window. So you drag a file from the Finder, but make sure MachFive is the active app. If you want to have extra options I think you need to press Option while dragging.

How many keys will be assigned to the dropped sample depends on where in the drop window you release it... if you do it towards the top, then less keys get mapped to the sample. Towards the bottom you get more keys (or the entire keyboard range)... Or maybe it's the other way around, but the idea holds.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I prefer dropping to the key and setting the range. Different strokes for different folks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS