Instances in previous sessions not retaining pre-sets

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

js_nyc
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Instances in previous sessions not retaining pre-sets

Post by js_nyc »

My previous PT sessions with MachFive instances now default to 4 blank MIDI channels, and lose all presets I had previously assigned. Running MachFive 3.2 in Pro Tools HD 10.3.5. Have a MOTU tech working on this, but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions regarding this serious problem. Thanks for checking.
hugy

Re: Instances in previous sessions not retaining pre-sets

Post by hugy »

js_nyc wrote:My previous PT sessions with MachFive instances now default to 4 blank MIDI channels, and lose all presets I had previously assigned. Running MachFive 3.2 in Pro Tools HD 10.3.5. Have a MOTU tech working on this, but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions regarding this serious problem. Thanks for checking.
RTAS/AAX
try removing the AAX version.

Looks like PT mess some stuff when plugins move from RTAS to AAX from time to time.
js_nyc

Post by js_nyc »

I wish it was that simple. I went down to V3.0.1 on PT 10.3.8 and found the presets intact. I then went through all sessions and saved each MachFive Performance. Since there were other bugs with my other virtual synths when I was in this state, I went up to V3.2 again. All the MachFive instances went back to default settings, and when I tried to launch a saved preference, it also loaded up in the blank default state. I am now waiting on MOTU tech for reply...
hugy

Post by hugy »

js_nyc wrote:I wish it was that simple. I went down to V3.0.1 on PT 10.3.8 and found the presets intact. I then went through all sessions and saved each MachFive Performance. Since there were other bugs with my other virtual synths when I was in this state, I went up to V3.2 again. All the MachFive instances went back to default settings, and when I tried to launch a saved preference, it also loaded up in the blank default state. I am now waiting on MOTU tech for reply...
Have you actually tried ?
3.2 is the only version with AAX available.
js_nyc

Post by js_nyc »

Thanks for the reply. I am now on v3.1.4 of MF, with PT 10.3.8. I get all of my "multis", but now every VI has a weird pulse the makes a sound loop, rendering it unusable. I was even able to record this artifact to a MIDI track last night- it is the first MIDI note and just randomly loops. Even when "standing still" (not even record-enabled), this "trigger/pulse" causes the VI preset to sound this loop. So I do not have the aax version in play, and now have this other problem. I am all over the PT Users board now as well.