mach 5 upgrade problem

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

guitarsark
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

mach 5 upgrade problem

Post by guitarsark »

I currently have mach 5 version 1.2 and would like to upgrade to version 3 as 1.2 does not run on my intel mac (i dont think it does anyways, i haven't tried installing it). however, for some reason i don't have a serial number for it as apparently i didn't register it with motu when i got it. i do have the ilok liscence for it however. i cant imagine that i didnt register it in 2007 when i bought it but according to motu site i didn't register it. any help with how to proceed to get the upgrade discount ? i do have the installer cd's from version 1.2. thank you
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: mach 5 upgrade problem

Post by mikehalloran »

If you bought it directly from MOTU then you should be registered.

Is it possible that you created another user account with a different email address? I did that back in the dark ages of AOL and had to have Customer Service fix that.

There's an install code on a card that you need when you register with PACE. Do you still have that? Do you have the manual?

I would call MOTU.

My package had no serial number, just a card that had to be mailed into MOTU in a postage paid envelope. If you still have that card, there's your problem.

The only record I have of my serial number is when I check under My Registrations on MOTU.com. It was issued after I sent in the card.

If you are out of luck on this, check to see if you own anything that makes you elegible for a cross-grade or competitive upgrade.

To qualify for this reduced price crossgrade, you must be able to provide proof-of-registration for one of the following products:
Ableton Live
EastWest Play
E-MU Emulator X2
Apple Logic (any version with the EXS24)
GigaStudio (any version)
Steinberg HALion
KVR Yellow Tools Independence
Native Instruments Kontakt (any version)
Quantum Leap Goliath
Propellorhead Reason
IK Multimedia SampleTank
Avid Structure

You can purchase that from anyone who carries it (I have seen it as low as $249). After you install, send in the registration card with proof that you qualify (I sent in the first page from my manual for Logic Sounds but I own a number of products that qualified). This makes you elegible for support and upgrades. You also get a serial number.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro