M5-2 and Mountain Lion

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

daboosh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

M5-2 and Mountain Lion

Post by daboosh »

I just installed Mountain Lion and found out (the hard way) that MachFive V2 is not working with ML. Is anyone using V2 with ML, or do I have to upgrade to V3?

Thanks for any help.

Setup:
Macbook Pro
8GB Ram
Logic Pro 9.1.7
MachFive 2
daboosh

Re: M5-2 and Mountain Lion

Post by daboosh »

Update: After a restart, I can run M5-2 in standalone mode, but still getting a "crashed validation" in Logic Pro?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I had some validation issues in Logic - same version as yours. Turned out to be conflicts in the VST folder with certain files that exist as both VSTs and AU components. I removed the offending VSTs and the problem went away.

I do not know that this is your issue.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

Hi guys!

Late to the party as usual. Just came across this thread. My Mach 5 V2 is not showing up in VE Pro 5 on my MacBook Pro(Mountain Lion). When I re-scan the plugins in VE Pro, it crashes upon validating the Mach 5 V2 AU plugin. I have tried trashing the VST's and MAS versions of Mach 5 V2 but, no joy.

Mach 5 V2 does work with VE Pro on my other MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard but I would like to get it up and running on the other machine as I have upgraded to DP8/9 and have entered the 64bit world......Yayyyy!

Mike, I have done a bit of searching as well as having opened up a ticket with VSL. They don't know what the problem could be and suggest opening up a ticket with Motu. Just thought I would reply to this post/thread to see if anything was resolved before doing so.

Am I missing something simple here and finding out that Mach 5 V2 is just not compatible anymore?

Best~Jeff
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I never would have trashed the MAS folder or contents. Other than that, I don't know. You may have to update to MachV 3.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

Thanx for getting back with me Mike!

I guess I should have clarified, I temporarily removed them from the MAS folder and then put them back. Probably not wise in any case. I was trying to find the conflict.

Mach 5 V2 works fine in stand alone on ML. VE Pro just doesn't like it.

I did reinstall Mach 5 as well and that didn't help. Ok...I guess I better get with it and upgrade! :-)

Best~Jeff
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.