Multi-Output help please

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

b.g.
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Multi-Output help please

Post by b.g. »

In MachFive 3 I'm trying to set up the Star Drums instrument so different drums go to different outputs. On a Part, I double-clicked Empty and chose StarDrums Processed MultiOut.M5p. The Part output defaults to MainOut, which is fine, and if I click in it I see the Out 2, Out3... list. And I experimented with changing the output to Out 2 which correspond to MachFive aux's in Bundles. All good. I don't understand how to get multiple outputs on a single Part.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Multi-Output help please

Post by hugy »

b.g. wrote:In MachFive 3 I'm trying to set up the Star Drums instrument so different drums go to different outputs. On a Part, I double-clicked Empty and chose StarDrums Processed MultiOut.M5p. The Part output defaults to MainOut, which is fine, and if I click in it I see the Out 2, Out3... list. And I experimented with changing the output to Out 2 which correspond to MachFive aux's in Bundles. All good. I don't understand how to get multiple outputs on a single Part.
Use layers outputs accessible using the list view, right click the layer header and toggle "Output" to see this column.

HTH
b.g.

Re: Multi-Output help please

Post by b.g. »

Got it. Thanks!
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
jduesenb

Re: Multi-Output help please (THANK YOU!!)

Post by jduesenb »

I just spent several hours trying to figure out what MOTU (or is it UVI?) means when they describe an instrument as "multi-output!" and nowhere did I find the info you just gave. Seems they have defined a multi-out mapping for Star Drums EXACTLY as I wanted to do it!

Thanks to you sir, and no thanks to MOTU (or UVI) for shortchanging on the documentation.

Or maybe I'm not good at :rtfmmad: ….