DP Clocking issue with Mac Tube - no aftermarket card in use

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

insyncmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP Clocking issue with Mac Tube - no aftermarket card in use

Post by insyncmusic »

Greetings. We are having a continual serious issue with DP 8.07, OS 10.9.5, and a 2013 Mac Pro (Tube). Succinctly, the problem is the software will clock with the computer (I'm only using the built-in outputs) for a short time and then abruptly stop with a message pop-up:

"Digital Performer is not receiving a clock signal from the audio hardware.

Check to make sure hardware or peripheral settings are setup correctly or disable the audio hardware for MIDI playback only."

We have combed the web for any potential answers to no avail. As a result we have had to revert back to our 2008 8-core Mac Pro Tower and Snow Leopard. Obviously a disappointing scenario as we had such high hopes for the new system's power potential in our audio production facility (recording studio.) If anyone has had this issue, we are desperately seeking advice as to fixing this set-back.

Thanks in advance.
DP 8.07, Mac Pro Tube 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon ES, 12GB DDR3 ECC, OS10.9.5
insyncmusic

HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP Clocking issue with Mac Tube - no aftermarket card in

Post by HCMarkus »

Might want to call MOTU tech support. Early AM hours best.

Like most 'round these parts, I am using an external interface and have never tried to use the built-in Mac audio.
insyncmusic

Re: DP Clocking issue with Mac Tube - no aftermarket card in

Post by insyncmusic »

Thanks, HC. I use a Lynx Aurora in my studio, but wanted to narrow down the issue to the most basic, stripped down version to see if the issue was persistent in that context (which it is.) I'm afraid it's a Mac Tube problem as opposed to a DP glitch. Needless to say, I'd rather approach a software issue than deal with Apple. My unit is about 3 months out of it's warranty status.

Appreciate the input.