It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Text Size

Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Postby philbrown » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:01 am

I'm trying out a new vertical Evoluent mouse but it seems I need to remove the Logitech driver (which is implemented as a system prefs pane) before the new one will work. I really want to save all my custom settings for the Logitech Performance MX mouse in case I want to go back to it, but I can't figure out where that stuff is stored. I've done quite a search, including the net but haven't turned up anything. Once I remove the driver from system prefs I'm assuming I'd have to reinstall from scratch and recreate all my custom settings.

TIA, (also my dog's name)
Phil
2012 Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 3.46 64GB RAM•OS 10.12.5•DP 9.12•UAD-2 Octo and Duo cards•Midas M32R•
Plugs: UAD•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Flux•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce•Slate

The Oversouls
doctorvague (modular synth videos)
philbrown

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Postby MIDI Life Crisis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:22 am

I'd check both the user and system Library/Application Support folders for starters.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.12.3; DP 9.02; Track 16 Finale 2014.5

http://www.MIDI-Life-Crisis.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Postby philbrown » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 am

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'd check both the user and system Library/Application Support folders for starters.

Good suggestion MLC. I found some files but nothing that resembles prefs though. There were some apps and an XML file that was mostly empty. I think I'll just take a bunch of screen shots of my settings. I may switch to Steermouse before this is all over anyway.
2012 Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 3.46 64GB RAM•OS 10.12.5•DP 9.12•UAD-2 Octo and Duo cards•Midas M32R•
Plugs: UAD•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Flux•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce•Slate

The Oversouls
doctorvague (modular synth videos)
philbrown

Postby MIDI Life Crisis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am

I stopped using a mouse about 9 months ago. Steer Mouse kept loosing the connection and there wasn't a great alternative to my aged Revolution MX. The Magic Trackpad 2 has been great. Don't miss the mouse (hardly) at all.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.12.3; DP 9.02; Track 16 Finale 2014.5

http://www.MIDI-Life-Crisis.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Postby cleamon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 pm

philbrown wrote:I'm trying out a new vertical Evoluent mouse but it seems I need to remove the Logitech driver (which is implemented as a system prefs pane) before the new one will work. I really want to save all my custom settings for the Logitech Performance MX mouse in case I want to go back to it, but I can't figure out where that stuff is stored. I've done quite a search, including the net but haven't turned up anything. Once I remove the driver from system prefs I'm assuming I'd have to reinstall from scratch and recreate all my custom settings.

TIA, (also my dog's name)
Phil

On my system, if I change something in the preferences panel, the file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist
gets modified.

(~/ represents your user folder)
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac 3.2GHz Core i3 || 12GB Ram || OS/X 10.11.6 || Motu 828MkII || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
cleamon