It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:43 am

Text Size

Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Postby philbrown » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:01 am

I'm trying out a new vertical Evoluent mouse but it seems I need to remove the Logitech driver (which is implemented as a system prefs pane) before the new one will work. I really want to save all my custom settings for the Logitech Performance MX mouse in case I want to go back to it, but I can't figure out where that stuff is stored. I've done quite a search, including the net but haven't turned up anything. Once I remove the driver from system prefs I'm assuming I'd have to reinstall from scratch and recreate all my custom settings.

TIA, (also my dog's name)
Phil
Mac Pro 4,1 2.26 8-core 20GB RAM OS 10.9.5•DP 8.07•UA Apollo•UAD-2 Octo and Duo•
Plugs: UAD•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•Camel Audio•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Schwa•Korg•AAS•Five12•GForce•Slate

The Oversouls
doctorvague (modular synth videos)
philbrown

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Where are system prefs stored? Logitech driver

Postby MIDI Life Crisis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:22 am

I'd check both the user and system Library/Application Support folders for starters.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.12.3; DP 9.02; Track 16 Finale 2014.5

http://www.MIDI-Life-Crisis.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Postby philbrown » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 am

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'd check both the user and system Library/Application Support folders for starters.

Good suggestion MLC. I found some files but nothing that resembles prefs though. There were some apps and an XML file that was mostly empty. I think I'll just take a bunch of screen shots of my settings. I may switch to Steermouse before this is all over anyway.
Mac Pro 4,1 2.26 8-core 20GB RAM OS 10.9.5•DP 8.07•UA Apollo•UAD-2 Octo and Duo•
Plugs: UAD•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•Camel Audio•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Schwa•Korg•AAS•Five12•GForce•Slate

The Oversouls
doctorvague (modular synth videos)
philbrown

Postby MIDI Life Crisis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am

I stopped using a mouse about 9 months ago. Steer Mouse kept loosing the connection and there wasn't a great alternative to my aged Revolution MX. The Magic Trackpad 2 has been great. Don't miss the mouse (hardly) at all.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.12.3; DP 9.02; Track 16 Finale 2014.5

http://www.MIDI-Life-Crisis.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Postby cleamon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 pm

philbrown wrote:I'm trying out a new vertical Evoluent mouse but it seems I need to remove the Logitech driver (which is implemented as a system prefs pane) before the new one will work. I really want to save all my custom settings for the Logitech Performance MX mouse in case I want to go back to it, but I can't figure out where that stuff is stored. I've done quite a search, including the net but haven't turned up anything. Once I remove the driver from system prefs I'm assuming I'd have to reinstall from scratch and recreate all my custom settings.

TIA, (also my dog's name)
Phil

On my system, if I change something in the preferences panel, the file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist
gets modified.

(~/ represents your user folder)
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac 3.2GHz Core i3 || 12GB Ram || OS/X 10.8.5 || Motu 828MkII || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
cleamon