Audiodesk with MOTU 2408 in Mac OS - window not coming up

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

kebebos
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audiodesk with MOTU 2408 in Mac OS - window not coming up

Post by kebebos »

Went back to an ancient project in Audiodesk with Motu 2408 as interface on a Mac running OS 8. whatever. Double clicked Audiodesk icon, but window doesn't come up. Audiodesk is open, but I can't seem to bring anything up. I haven't done anything else on this Mac since I unplugged it in 2002. :( Everything seems to be on the computer. It's been so long since I've run this thing I've forgotten if there's something else I need to do. Hooked up wrong? Something I forgot?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audiodesk with MOTU 2408 in Mac OS - window not coming u

Post by mikehalloran »

Before my DP 2.x upgrade came in 199whatever, I did a few projects in AudioDesk on my Beige G3 with my 2408. Straining the old brainpan here to try and remember.

OK… you still running OS 8, right? What Mac?

If not, what OS? version of AudioDesk? version of the PCI drivers?

Is your 324 card installed and your 2408 on? Do they show up in Audio MIDI Setup? If not, AudioDesk will not work (I think—been a long time).

Shut down and remove / re-seat your PCI-324 (or 424) card. Do the same with any SCSI and ATA/EIDE ribbon connectors.

When was the last time you replaced the memory settings battery in the 2408. I'm pretty sure it takes the ubiquitous CR2032 like the MIDI interfaces and most medical devices. Since the mk2 and mk3 don't have batteries it's easy to forget that the first version does.

Batteries... How long since you replaced your PRAM battery? That can really mess with your Mac's PCI bus if run down. If everything else appears to be correct, this could be the problem especially with a B&W G3.

Most PPC and earlier Macs take this one—but not all (not remembering that my 6200 did). Laptops do not.
http://www.amazon.com/SAFT-Lithium-Batt ... B000GED9NA
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro