Broken aliases in Kontakt Quick load

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Broken aliases in Kontakt Quick load

Post by ironchef_marc »

I am a filing demon and for years I've been obsessively organizing my favorite patches in Kontakt using Quick load. I have over 2000 patches organized by project or type or genre that I can quickly access.

Not sure what happened but they don't show up anymore. Upon review it appears the aliases aren't working anymore. When I check the info the path appears to be correct (did not rename my drive or anything) yet they won't point to the file.

Just wondering if anyone ever had that problem or if there would be some utility to fix this. I did come across a few ones but they either did not run or fix my problem.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
musicman691

Re: Broken aliases in Kontakt Quick load

Post by musicman691 »

Have you updated Kontakt by any chance? In the past I've had some updates hose the Quick Load menu setup I had. I don't like using the Kontakt browser so I use the QL menu to load all my stuff. When that happened I had to rebuild the menu manually.

Another thought - have you by any chance changed the drive where the libraries are located? That can and will cause the QL menu to lose it's marbles.
ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Broken aliases in Kontakt Quick load

Post by ironchef_marc »

Thanks for chiming in Jack.

Same here I don't like the kontakt browser and find the Quick load the best way to organize my go to patches and easy and quick access to them.

I did not update Kontakt or changed or rename my sample drive. The only thing I remember is running Disk Warrior on that drive.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV