Repair permissions in terminal

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Repair permissions in terminal

Post by Phil O »

I don't recall if I re-booted after running the script or not. I probably did. But re-booting alone clearly did NOT solve the problem. Running the script was a last resort. I had already gone through re-boots, trashing preferences, re-installs, etc.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
stratology

Re: Repair permissions in terminal

Post by stratology »

Phil O wrote:I don't recall if I re-booted after running the script or not. I probably did. But re-booting alone clearly did NOT solve the problem. Running the script was a last resort. I had already gone through re-boots, trashing preferences, re-installs, etc.
Interesting. It would probably be fun to dig deeper and find the exact root cause, and see if it was really the script that fixed it. Trashing prefs, for example, works differently since 10.10, due to the cfprefsd process - prefs are cached in RAM now, and trashing them only takes effect after a re-boot.

Regardless, happy to hear you were able to resolve your issue..