Can I connect two MacPros and use one monitor?

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can I connect two MacPros and use one monitor?

Post by Henry Robinett »

Pretty sure I need 2 VGA female to DVI male.

All the best,
www.henryrobinett.com
Check out my latest CD on iTunes.
I Have Known Mountains by Henry Robinett
https://itun.es/us/pi6C_
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

So close! I had to get three adapters. I needed a male to male VGA. BUT I got something that LOOKS like it but it's not. Damn. No time tomorrow.

All the best,
www.henryrobinett.com
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

Can someone please answer me this? I must be doing something dreadfully wrong! I'm trying to, on the suggestion of one kind poster here (Tidwells), set up a KVM Switcher. I bought the I/O Gear to go between my two Mac Pros. ONE MONITOR. The I/O uses VGA connectors. The Mac and Monitor are DVI. I bought three adapters - VGA female to DVI male. That's good for the two extensions to the Macs. But there's the hub that goes tot he monitor, USB and audio, which I won't be using. Three times I tried buying a Male VGA to Male DVI but every time the order gets wrong. Amazon just sent TWO of the wrong ones, even though I specified. I'm mean they're only $2.50, but it's the hassle. These things are hard to find. If they are THIS HARD TO FIND, I must have it backwards??

Both Macs are connected with ethernet cable. But how are you connecting the monitor to the KVM Switch? You're using HDMI for one thing.

This is just so frustrating. I've been waiting days for the Amazon shipment only to have it wrong.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

Ok. Ok. I bought the correct one. The DVI one.

All the best,
www.henryrobinett.com
All the best,

Henry Robinett