fade in Audiodesk gets blue color automatically

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

JazzNote
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

fade in Audiodesk gets blue color automatically

Post by JazzNote »

Hi, i'm still working with audio desk 3.21 (& OS10.9.5). Hope someone can answer to my question:

usually the fades get red colors. i just got one which is marked blue, can't get rid of the blue and i wonder what that means. any ideas?

Thanks for any advice!
Kurt Cowling

Re: fade in Audiodesk gets blue color automatically

Post by Kurt Cowling »

It means there isn't enough audio on each side of the edit to complete a fade of that duration. Try a shorter fade.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
JazzNote

Post by JazzNote »

Kurt Cowling wrote:It means there isn't enough audio on each side of the edit to complete a fade of that duration. Try a shorter fade.
hmmm, this didn't work and it seems that there is far more than enough audio on both sides for that very short fade.
Kurt Cowling

Post by Kurt Cowling »

This is from the Digital Performer manual. I'm quite sure Audiodesk is the same:
If Digital Performer computes a fade or crossfade and the level of the mixed audio in it exceeds unity gain (0 dB), the fade appears bright red to alert you to the fact that it is clipping.

If, for some reason, a fade or crossfade doesn’t have enough audio for Digital Performer to compute the complete fade, it appears bright blue. For example, you might draw a crossfade that is two seconds long, but one of the soundbites involved may not have a full extra second of audio in the parent audio file beyond the edge of the soundbite. In this case, the crossfade appears bright blue to indicate that it cannot be fully computed.
I'm not sure what else to tell you. That's what the blue means.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
JazzNote

Post by JazzNote »

Thanks a lot anyways!