Weird....what the heck is this??

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Weird....what the heck is this??

Post by Tobor »

Hi,

I was just installing the latest version of Ableton Live (9.5...and as someone mentioned with 9.3, not remembering some Omnisphere presets). At any rate, when I opened my Applications folder to go back to 9.17, I found a a number of documents that were labeled like this:

CmActDiagLog2015-10-23-XXXXX.log (XXXs are mine just in case....) that seem to refer to Console but there's just a lot of data that I don't understand (no real knowledge of Console either). These are all from about two weeks ago until one from today. I don't know if it's a cat on the keyboard (which happens now and then) or...?

Also have noticed a couple occasions where the computer was put to sleep at night but wouldn't show the screen in the am. Had to turn it off and then back on with the power button.

Hope it's not some hack or other ominous weirdness....

Any clues??
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Weird....what the heck is this??

Post by billf »

Tobor wrote:Also have noticed a couple occasions where the computer was put to sleep at night but wouldn't show the screen in the am. Had to turn it off and then back on with the power button.
The above suggests that you might need to reset the SMC (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295) and/or NVRAM (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063) on your iMac.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1