(Roger) AdrenaLinn Sync (plug-in) Replacement?

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

tommymandel
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

(Roger) AdrenaLinn Sync (plug-in) Replacement?

Post by tommymandel »

I grew to love my hardware, and then software AdrenaLinn filter/delay/modulation product, which, lamentably, I lost when I upgraded (my MBP) to Yosemite recently (the 2008 MacPro is still running 10.6.8 for now, so Adrenalinn Sync works on that machine.) The Yosemite update on the MBP went surprisingly smoothly - only days #2 & #3 out of my mind - but I do really miss the Adrenalinn sync plug-in. Roger states there is nothing he can do, long story but apparently true.
So I am looking for a replacement-
Any ideas?
Thanks.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
BKK-OZ

Re: (Roger) AdrenaLinn Sync (plug-in) Replacement?

Post by BKK-OZ »

I miss it too.

There are a million and one delays/processors out there - what kinds of fx in particular are you looking for?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Syncable filters with swing, overdrive, pattern-gate-style integration and flange and programmable limiting - kind of like what the AdrenaLinn offered...
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

Yes. I'm curious to hear what folks may suggest. I miss it also.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

For now, (in MainStage anyway) I'm using an effects chain comprised of a ping pong delay (called 'you too' in honor of The Edge I guess) into a slow phaser into a brick wall limiter, into an Auto Filter, but hopefully someone here will chime in with something closer. I am thinking Soundtoys, with the new Effects Rack feature could come close. Gonna ask em.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

While Sync wasn't really (just) a delay, you might find some ideas in this thread from earlier this year: http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p502897
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Thanks! Lots of stuff to check out now :)
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

I went with Dmitry Sches' Tantra. It's cool in concept, has nice colors too, and in some contexts functions similarly; but it's gonna take me a while to approximate the Adrenalinn's feel and especially its texture with it, if I ever can...
Thanks for chiming in, motu bros!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Never heard of it before...

Let us know how you go.

At $69 US, might be a nice stocking-stuffer for some good boys and girls this year.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

Anybody here a Reaktor whiz? Could the guts of Adrenalin be recreated?

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com