OS 10.10.5 out today

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: OS 10.10.5 out today

Post by Gravity Jim »

bayswater wrote:I gave up long ago thinking I could find Apple download inside the Apple site... And back when you could run Apple software faster on the Atari 1040.
Had one of David Small's magic Spectre GCR boxes for the STe, and a Mac Classic on my desk at work. The Spectre did not run Mac faster than a Mac. Ever. Not even with the Mac OS on an external HD.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

musicman691 wrote:
monkey man wrote:
Oh, and the 'Pies, after losing 6 in a row, then winning one and losing this weekend... cannot make the final eight, so our season's over in a couple o' weeks. From top four to near-bottom in a little over a month. Can't say I remember seeing such a spectacular crash before. What a bummer. I'm sure you can relate; Blues supporters have gone mighty quiet of late. Bad luck to both of us. :cry:
The Blues got the wooden spoon in a race to the bottom. And mathematically the Pies aren't out either although they pretty much have to win the last 3 matches as do the Cats. So we both have a chance; slim but it's possible.
Er... I'm afraid this weekend's match, along with the remaining ones, had to be won for a mathematical chance (with no guarantees), Jack. Even the coach admitted this, saying that Friday was effectively our "Grand Final".

Congratulations on beating us for the wooden spoon, mate. At least you guys won something... :cry:
bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote:Yeah, funny how it's only now that I mentioned this issue to someone after all these years that it appears to have been resolved. I reckon "approaching" the page through the Google route might have something to do with it, but I'm sure I've done this many times in the past as I've given up trying to find it through the Apple site. Ultimately, as I said earlier, I've used links from MacUpdate or wherever.
As with that other matter, it's not just you. I gave up long ago thinking I could find Apple download inside the Apple site. It's fitting that one of Apple's biggest competitors provides the best means of finding Apple resources. Sort of like when PC Magazine said the Mac was the best machine for running Windows. And back when you could run Apple software faster on the Atari 1040.
Thank you, Stoiv; it's comforting to know this.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Gravity Jim wrote:
bayswater wrote:I gave up long ago thinking I could find Apple download inside the Apple site... And back when you could run Apple software faster on the Atari 1040.
Had one of David Small's magic Spectre GCR boxes for the STe, and a Mac Classic on my desk at work. The Spectre did not run Mac faster than a Mac. Ever. Not even with the Mac OS on an external HD.
I had a 1040 with a Mac ROM image, and could run basic Mac WP and spreadsheet software at home better than I could on a Mac at work, both computers with 1M RAM and 8M 86000 CPU.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

The snap is back!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

bayswater wrote:
Gravity Jim wrote:
I had a 1040 with a Mac ROM image, and could run basic Mac WP and spreadsheet software at home better than I could on a Mac at work, both computers with 1M RAM and 8M 86000 CPU.
Well, as I'm fond of saying... there must have been something wrong with your Mac. :) My 1040 STe had a whopping four - count 'em, four! - megabytes of RAM and real Mac ROMs in the Spectre, but it never ran as fast or as well as a Mac Classic, even running as it did from a massive 40 MB hard drive.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I guess there was something wrong with your 1040 :rofl:
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8