Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

OS 10.10.5 out today

Post by mikehalloran »

For those of us who prefer the Combo Updater
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1832?locale=en_US

I just installed the OS 10.10.5 update from the App Store and the Combo Updater. TRIM is still enabled. I did not have to re-run the Terminal Command:

sudo trimforce enable

Among the fixes is compatibility with certain, unspecified email servers. Yahoo! POP is still not working but I'm pretty sure that Yahoo! has discontinued POP for Bizmail and it is not an Apple issue.

I haven't run across any issues (yet?)
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Re: OS 10.10.5 out today

Post by monkey man »

Thank you, Mike.

Curious: Why is it that whenever I search (read: fumble around the Apple site) for combo updaters (the only ones I use), whilst I appear to arrive at the same combo-update pages you provide links for, I never, ever see the download icon, rendering the page useless. I always end up using download links from the various other sources on the cast-a-nets.

As has always been the case, the icon is there when I click your link this time too. Could it be that a Mike Link™ is simply better than a Monkey™£¢∞§¶•LiNk™£¢∞§????.sex.adult.tube.svetlana.ru?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I understand that Apple always has issues with that site when there's a new OS release due to heavy demand.
http://Monkey™£¢∞§¶•LiNk™£¢∞§????.sex.a ... vetlana.ru?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

It's always seemed to have been the case for me 'though, Mike, going back at least to SL or Lion.

As I don't update when everyone else does (still on 10.9.2), it could be said that my searches for the combo updates is more or less random in the greater scheme of things.

Still, I jump at the opportunity to download updates when you post your immaculate, never-failing-to-deliver links; I really do appreciate it. This is why I'm downloading this update right now even 'though I'm nowhere near it OS wise.

Thank you again, Mike.

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Thanks for the link, Mike. So much faster and cleaner.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

monkey man wrote:Thank you, Mike.

Curious: Why is it that whenever I search (read: fumble around the Apple site) for combo updaters (the only ones I use), whilst I appear to arrive at the same combo-update pages you provide links for, I never, ever see the download icon, rendering the page useless. I always end up using download links from the various other sources on the cast-a-nets.

As has always been the case, the icon is there when I click your link this time too. Could it be that a Mike Link™ is simply better than a Monkey™£¢∞§¶•LiNk™£¢∞§????.sex.adult.tube.svetlana.ru?
Have you tried searching via Google instead? I never mouse around the Apple site looking for something if I can help it. As to no seeing the download link it may be due to the browser used. Sometimes Firefox won't show it and I have to use Safari.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

The combo update was the 2nd or 3rd hit when I googled os x 10.10.5. There is the usual blue download button just under the title. Maybe in Australia, google hits are lists in reverse order of relevance, in keeping with the geography?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
frankf

Post by frankf »

bayswater wrote:Maybe in Australia, google hits are lists in reverse order of relevance, in keeping with the geography?
Aha! This must be it Bays 'cause when in Brazil the farther south I go the colder it gets!

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Thanks for the heads up and the link, Mike!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

frankf wrote:Aha! This must be it Bays 'cause when in Brazil the farther south I go the colder it gets!

Frank Ferrucci
New York is a lot bigger than I thought!

Anyway, using the combo updater, 10.10.5 appears to be working on my Macs. I don't see any effect on DP 9. Yet.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

bayswater wrote:...I don't see any effect on DP 9. Yet.
In another thread (can't remember which one) someone mentioned that it had fixed what they thought was a bug.

Philippe
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

bayswater wrote: Anyway, using the combo updater, 10.10.5 appears to be working on my Macs. I don't see any effect on DP 9. Yet.
Me too with D.P. 9, Kontakt 5 @ Firefox, ITunes, Mail _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

musicman691 wrote:
monkey man wrote:Thank you, Mike.

Have you tried searching via Google instead? I never mouse around the Apple site looking for something if I can help it. As to no seeing the download link it may be due to the browser used. Sometimes Firefox won't show it and I have to use Safari.
Hmm... and I use Safari, Jack. I'll try the Google machine...

Wow. Fairdinkum, not only did the Apple page appear first in the list, but the icon was there! I'll no longer be "mousing around" the Apple site for such things; thank you for the suggestion.

Oh, and the 'Pies, after losing 6 in a row, then winning one and losing this weekend... cannot make the final eight, so our season's over in a couple o' weeks. From top four to near-bottom in a little over a month. Can't say I remember seeing such a spectacular crash before. What a bummer. I'm sure you can relate; Blues supporters have gone mighty quiet of late. Bad luck to both of us. :cry:
bayswater wrote:The combo update was the 2nd or 3rd hit when I googled os x 10.10.5. There is the usual blue download button just under the title. Maybe in Australia, google hits are lists in reverse order of relevance, in keeping with the geography?
Ha! You may be onto something there, Stoivo.

Yeah, funny how it's only now that I mentioned this issue to someone after all these years that it appears to have been resolved. I reckon "approaching" the page through the Google route might have something to do with it, but I'm sure I've done this many times in the past as I've given up trying to find it through the Apple site. Ultimately, as I said earlier, I've used links from MacUpdate or wherever.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:Yeah, funny how it's only now that I mentioned this issue to someone after all these years that it appears to have been resolved. I reckon "approaching" the page through the Google route might have something to do with it, but I'm sure I've done this many times in the past as I've given up trying to find it through the Apple site. Ultimately, as I said earlier, I've used links from MacUpdate or wherever.
As with that other matter, it's not just you. I gave up long ago thinking I could find Apple download inside the Apple site. It's fitting that one of Apple's biggest competitors provides the best means of finding Apple resources. Sort of like when PC Magazine said the Mac was the best machine for running Windows. And back when you could run Apple software faster on the Atari 1040.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

monkey man wrote:
Oh, and the 'Pies, after losing 6 in a row, then winning one and losing this weekend... cannot make the final eight, so our season's over in a couple o' weeks. From top four to near-bottom in a little over a month. Can't say I remember seeing such a spectacular crash before. What a bummer. I'm sure you can relate; Blues supporters have gone mighty quiet of late. Bad luck to both of us. :cry:
The Blues got the wooden spoon in a race to the bottom. And mathematically the Pies aren't out either although they pretty much have to win the last 3 matches as do the Cats. So we both have a chance; slim but it's possible.