Trouble installing Infinite Player in Yosemite

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Trouble installing Infinite Player in Yosemite

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Hi guys,

I just bought Infinite Player and the Tron SFX package. When I try to run the installer for the player, I am getting an error (see below).

Anyone gotten this to install in Yosemite? Any tips? I have a ticket into the mfg, so if they get back to me, I'll post the answer. In the mean time... :mumble: :banghead: :smash:

Thanks for any help or insights.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Re: Trouble installing Infinite Player in Yosemite

Post by mikehalloran »

If you haven't changed your security settings to Allow software to be installed from anywhere, try it. That's a Hail Mary but it might work. I can't think of anything else to try on your Mac.

As of OS 10.10.3, that setting resets to the default after 30 days.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Thanks Mike. The website does, in fact, indicate the install on Yosemite is MANUAL! What the...

I got a response this morning (pretty fast!)...
Infinite Player needs to be manually installed on Yosemite. This is noted in the description on esoundz.

Create a folder anywhere on your computer or secondary hard drive titled

Infinite Player

In that folder, create 3 folders and their titles will be

Instruments
Multis
Samples

In your esoundz download area there is a file titled Studio Profiles Info 01-04-2010

Download that file unzip and drag into your Infinite Player folder.

Once that is done, the contents of the Infinite Player folder should look like this

Instruments
Multis
Samples
StudioProfiles Infinite Player_info.nkx

From there, use the Infinite Library installer to install the libraries you purchased.
The video on their site looks like it's a great program for anyone doing SFX, regardless of your existing SFX library as you can instantly transmogrify the sounds very precisely and in a liquid manner.

OK, cover me, I'm going in!

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

After all that, you have to activate the purchase with your serial # which you can find in the member download area on the sounds site.

A rather convoluted process, but worth the effort, IMO.

I wonder if anyone else bought this at this amazing sale price? You'd be crazy not to if you design sound or use sound in your work. Watch the video. The guy even uses DP! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYU6TyLjX4s
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:After all that, you have to activate the purchase with your serial # which you can find in the member download area on the sounds site.

A rather convoluted process, but worth the effort, IMO.

I wonder if anyone else bought this at this amazing sale price? You'd be crazy not to if you design sound or use sound in your work. Watch the video. The guy even uses DP! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYU6TyLjX4s
I see the Infinity Player for $69 here: https://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2459

Is that the correct link? How long does the sale last (I'm in a hotel room in Vermont at the moment)?

They say it works in the free version of Kontact Player. Looks like something I'm just going to have to buy.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Not sure how long it will last. You have to buy the infinite player as well as the set (unless you have the infinite player). The whole shebang cost $144.

The concept is that the SFX are grouped by category and placed in multis. Each sound is malled to a specific key and the multis are all set to the same MIDI channel. I guess that's to keep each instrument small. You could also just delete the instruments you're not using and really pair things down.

I'd love to be able to make my own sets with my SFX library. I don;t think that is going to be possible. Still, it'll save me lots of time when I need to create SFX tracks that work with this library.

It DOES NOT replace a pro SFX library by any means, but it adds some very nice variations and unique sounds and not having to run to MachFive to sample from my existing library will be a big help in post.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Here's the other link.
https://www.esoundz.com/news1.php?nbr=6132

Per the web site, the sale lasts through August. There are certainly a lot of samples and I can see it saving time over MachFive.

Sometimes, when there's a deadline, the right time saver can be worth the $144 combined cost even when you have only used one or two effects. I've been there a few times.
MIDI Life Crisis

True, that. And sometimes a cigar has to remain a pricey indulgence. Lol
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:True, that. And sometimes a cigar has to remain a pricey indulgence. Lol
Not even a once a year indulgence for me. Ha!