iDefrag and iPartition

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

glmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

iDefrag and iPartition

Post by glmusic »

Just saw these apps on Version Tracker. Anybody used or heard of this software? Looks like a couple of useful tools if they work.
Giga Designs Dual 1.33
1.5 RAM, ATI 9600, OSX.44
ATTO UL3D RAID
Metric Halo 2882+DSP
MOTU Micro Express USB
DP 4.61, Tracktion 2.1
adriano
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iDefrag and iPartition

Post by adriano »

I saw them too, but if you really need top quality HD toolkits stick with the pros. I was directed on purchasing DiskWarrior and TechTool Pro and let me tell you I will never use Norton Utilities again. If you like you can read a posting of mine about troubles I had with norton Utilities on the MOTU Forum and you'll see the answers I have gotten.
Happy holidays
Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

iDefrag and iPartition have nothing with Norton, it is made by Coriolis, and I can tell you iPartition did help in expanding partitions, but I also check with DW....
Best

Klaus
gives

Post by gives »

I started using iDefrag and it is fantastic.. Read the information on it. I use Disk Warrior and TTP, but for Defragging non OS system Audio drives, it worked great.. Scoring a movie with 96 tracks going with Orch and sound design and ran into problems with my Audio HD on my G5 and Protools and DP Crashing. I used iDefrag and it fixed everything and had no more problems. It re-maps the drive much better that anything I have ever used. And it's only $30.00 us.

I highly recommend it coming from someone who has deadlines all the time and have NO time for problems.

It's supposed to defrag the OS HD also, but I am waiting on that one.

G
Gregory Ives Composer/Sound Designer/Producer
slybass3000

Post by slybass3000 »

What version of DW are you using?
SB
iMac 27" i7 4.0, 3Te.32 G of Ram, Apollo Silver with TB expansion (coming up).