MTP-AV/OSX???'s

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Tipph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MTP-AV/OSX???'s

Post by Tipph »

Hello,
I just purchased a MTP-AV after struggling with my old studio 4 for some years.
I am not able to get past a basic setup HELP PLEASE!
I am using a G 5 /3 gigs/ 160 HD OS 10.3.7 Outboard gear = Korg M1- Yamaha DX7 -Yamaha RY 30 Drum mach. Kawai sound module - Proteus sound module
WhenI tried to use Free Midid from the install disk, it never showed up on my computer. I looked in almost every folder in OS X and OS 9.
When I called Apple it was like I should have called one of my second grade students ...as I was giving a lesson in MIDI to the tech.
I tried to use the Apple MIDI setup .
When I went to test or scan the setup got nothing.
The MTP AV does show up as being connected in the system profiler. I think I may doing something wrong with the settings at the front of the MTP.
Please Help!!!!!
Releaux

Re: MTP-AV/OSX???'s

Post by Releaux »

Hi Tipph,

Deep breath time... In.... out.... ok. :)

It sounds to me like your install of the MTP/AV drivers didn't "take." I'd recommend downloading the most recent installer from the MOTU web site. Forget the CD, the installer is almost certainly out of date.

(Note that if that link doesn't work it's because the MOTU site now makes people log in (which is completely stupid and unnecessary if you ask me...)).

Make sure you're logged in as the administrator for your machine and run the downloaded installer. Restart and then go to Audio MIDI Setup again and you should see the MTP/AV.

If it isn't there, and the MTP is showing up in "About This Mac" then there may be something else going on.
--
DP 11.3. |. MOTU 24Ai x2, Behringer ADA8200 x3, MOTU MTP-AV USB x2, MOTU MTP-AV x2.
Too much software, too much hardware, not enough time.
Mac Studio M1 Ultra (20/48 Core, 64GB Ram, MacOS 13.6.4 Ventura)
Mac Pro 5,1 (3.46GHz 12-core, 64GB Ram, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)
lwilliam

Re: MTP-AV/OSX???'s

Post by lwilliam »

I think Ray's right. When I first hooked up my MTP A/V to my G5, I had to download the latest MOTU OS X drivers for it. I haven't had a problem with it since.

I have it plugged into the USB port in the back of my G5. If it's on a USB hub, you may want to plug it directly in - at least until it's working correctly.

Mine just sits there and does it's job. Ain't that nice?
G5/DP 2.5Ghz/2.5GB Ram; OS 10.4.8; DP 4.61; PTLE 7.3; LogicPro 7.2.3; 002R/RME; Waves Platinum; Lots of other plugins...