Extracting Vocals from pre-recorded CD

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Green55
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Extracting Vocals from pre-recorded CD

Post by Green55 »

Is there an application for Mac OS9 or OSX Panther that will "scrub" or remove the vocal track from a pre-recorded (commercial) CD? [*not* MP3] I need to hear the orchestral tracks without the lead vocal(s). Does SoundHack have the capability? Anything in DP4? I found an article @ .. http://www.ethanwiner.com/novocals.html but I am looking for a packaged tool.

There's plenty of tools for a Windows-based platform, but ...it has got to be for a Mac.
LOXATUS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Extracting Vocals from pre-recorded CD

Post by LOXATUS »

:p AMAZING X can do the thing you asked for.... and some other things as well... it is free, and you can find it at the MAC OSX software... in the APPLE web page.
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jim »

You should be able to do it with stock DP. If the vocals are mixed dead center in a stereo mix, all you need to to is apply the Trim plug in, and invert one of the stereo channels.
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA
Green55
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Green55 »

Thanks for responding, Jim and LOXATUS.