Redmatica Autosampler Lives?

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Redmatica Autosampler Lives?

Post by bayswater »

Looks like some of Redmatica Autosampler has been used in the newest release of MainStage.

"Auto Sampler quickly and easily transforms your hardware synths into sampled instruments that you can play from your Mac"

http://www.apple.com/mainstage/
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Re: Redmatica Autosampler Lives?

Post by billf »

In MainStage but not in Logic? Interesting.

Any idea if the resulting hardware content can be used with MachFive and Kontakt in DP?
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:In MainStage but not in Logic? Interesting.

Any idea if the resulting hardware content can be used with MachFive and Kontakt in DP?
No, I haven't looked. I have Autosampler (works in Yosemite) and don't have a use for MainStage. But presumably, this will make samples that can be used in EXS24, and IIRC you can import those into MachFive and Kontakt.

Some of the other EXS manager and patch apps from Redmatica would make sense in Logic, but it seems right to me that Autosampler would be in MainStage.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Yeah the EXS24 format is dead simple, and Konakt and MachFive 3 both import it perfectly. :)

As an owner of AutoSampler I'm happy that the "upgrade" to the current version when the OS breaks my copy is only going to be $30! 8)

MainStage is becoming truly a no brainer, just wish Apple would allow it to ReWire slave to DP etc. that would be great! One Windows advantage seems to be that developers have figured out how to get ReWire Slaves to still be able to host VST's and VSTi's, haven't really seen that on OSX though I suspect it's possible.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Do you know if Mainstage3 uses the same sounds as MainStage2, including all the GarageBand loops, etc.? Or are they new? Can you just use the old samples from MainStage2? I'd hate to spend all that time downloading the same samples and take up all that disc space for naught.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Michael Canavan

cuttime wrote:Do you know if Mainstage3 uses the same sounds as MainStage2, including all the GarageBand loops, etc.? Or are they new? Can you just use the old samples from MainStage2? I'd hate to spend all that time downloading the same samples and take up all that disc space for naught.
Can't answer that, but I would guess it keeps the old sounds and adds some new, the only sure fire way is to back up first and run through your old patches.

I bought 2 a week before 3 came out, but haven't really delved into it. Now that it does AutoSampler I might just pick up 3, but a few items at NAMM have my money first. :oops:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

cuttime wrote:Do you know if Mainstage3 uses the same sounds as MainStage2, including all the GarageBand loops, etc.? Or are they new? Can you just use the old samples from MainStage2? I'd hate to spend all that time downloading the same samples and take up all that disc space for naught.
FYI, if MainStage 2 is installed, the sample downloader indicates that legacy samples will be skipped, but the new content is still about 20 gigs, which, as far as I can tell, must be installed on the system drive according to App Store installers.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

It's not exactly clear if "legacy samples" only refers to those samples which are obsolete (vs. those which were common to both MS2 and MS3.

At any rate, from my end, it did appear that I was give a pretty granular control over what I could select in the downloads list.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

As I recall (and I never had Redmatica), but I thought it had some pretty intensive sample edit features (or was that another Redmatica product?)
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Michael Canavan

stubbsonic wrote:As I recall (and I never had Redmatica), but I thought it had some pretty intensive sample edit features (or was that another Redmatica product?)
Yeah they had Sample Manager, AutoSampler, and Keymap Pro. The last one Keymap was pretty cool for sample editing apparently (it was the only one I didn't own)...
Interesting to see them add AutoSampler to MainStage? I didn't hear anything about them adding it to Logic? Weird move but I approve!
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

billf

Post by billf »

Michael Canavan wrote:Interesting to see them add AutoSampler to MainStage? I didn't hear anything about them adding it to Logic? Weird move but I approve!
I took a look at Logic 10.1 yesterday, and was unable to find the AutoSampler, so AFAIK it is only in MainStage. That does seem like a weird move given that Logic has a built in sampler. But Apple does move in mysterious ways.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
billf

Post by billf »

Thanks for the link. Interestingly enough, that site also has this to say:

https://brianli.com/apple-mainstage-aut ... in-flawed/
Michael Canavan

billf wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:Interesting to see them add AutoSampler to MainStage? I didn't hear anything about them adding it to Logic? Weird move but I approve!
I took a look at Logic 10.1 yesterday, and was unable to find the AutoSampler, so AFAIK it is only in MainStage. That does seem like a weird move given that Logic has a built in sampler. But Apple does move in mysterious ways.
It makes sense in that the amount of complaints MainStage people would have about having to buy a $200 product to use some Triton sounds with their laptop setup VS the amount of complaints Logic users would have about buying a $30 app. Plus you're using Logic in a studio right next to your Triton whereas MainStage is meant for live performance.

The missing feature, that could have resulted in a bug within MainStage, so they dropped it for now, if people complain they'll fix it.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

What the eight-eyed dog said -- makes perfect sense to me. Apple is doing the right thing here.