Finder mounts a server upon startup

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Finder mounts a server upon startup

Post by wonder »

When I startup my Mac Pro, the finder will either connect to another mac I have in the office or try to connect to it and will give me a prompt that it can't connect (when the other computer is off). Somehow that's a default setting and I'm not sure how this happened.

How do I turn off this automatic mounting of this other computers HD onto my desktop?

I have no automatic Login items in my Sys Prefs under my account. There are no other accounts on this computer, FYI. I have also tried clearing the "recent items" in my Apple icon in the Finder.

I opened the console and notices a kernel that reads "disk6s2: device is not ready" ... I'm guessing that is referring to the computer that this Mac is trying to connect to but that computer is turned off. But, i can't figure out WHAT and WHY it's trying to connect to the computer.

ANY help is appreciated.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
wonder

Re: Finder mounts a server upon startup...FIXED

Post by wonder »

FWIW, I fixed my problem ...

I had tried ALL the suggestions posted in all the forums I searched... to no avail.

I finally found that I had installed "Printopia" a long time ago and it was connecting to a printer on another computer I have. I deleted it and voila! Problem fixed.

Maybe this might help someone with the same issue
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Finder mounts a server upon startup

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thanks for posting the solution!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Re: Finder mounts a server upon startup...FIXED

Post by mikehalloran »

wonder wrote:FWIW, I fixed my problem ...

I had tried ALL the suggestions posted in all the forums I searched... to no avail.

I finally found that I had installed "Printopia" a long time ago and it was connecting to a printer on another computer I have. I deleted it and voila! Problem fixed.

Maybe this might help someone with the same issue
Thanks for posting. Things like this do help.

When I ported to a new drive a couple of months ago, I found a couple of old things like this, rising from the dead as it were, to give me grief.

It took some real searching to figure out what these old things were so I could delete them. Opening Console helped.

I remember Printopia from way back. I just Googled to to find that they now make iOS apps to allow direct printing from iPad and iPhone.
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro