Error -43 in AudioDesk 2

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

blackyngbld
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Error -43 in AudioDesk 2

Post by blackyngbld »

I just bought a Maxtor USB 2.0 external hard drive(I'm not sure of the model number right now) and copied onto it the folder containing all of my AudioDesk 2 sessions from my first external USB 2.0 hard drive. I began working off of the new hard drive and when I tried to save the changes I made to the session I was prompted with this error message by AudioDesk 2 which stated that I couldn't save to that session and that I should give current session a new name. So that is what I did. I thought that once I did this I would now be able to begin saving changes to that session, however I was not able to do so and was greeted by the same prompt. Could anyone explain Error Message -43 and lead me toward a solution to this problem.
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Error -43 in AudioDesk 2

Post by kassonica »

error -43 means; File <name> wasn't found. Have you repaired permissions
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
blackyngbld
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by blackyngbld »

Thank you for your reply. I did repair permissions, however, last night I looked through the maxtor user's guide and followed the instructions for first connecting the maxtor drive. It said to go into disk utility and click on the erase tab. Here I could choose the type of volume format for the drive. It was initialy MS-DOS so I changed it to MacOS Extended. I hope this resolves the problem. Thank you again for your reply. Tomorrow I will use the drive again and post the results.
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by kassonica »

no worries let us know how you go
:)
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang