The "Low Battery" notification is quite irritating!

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FMiguelez »

Does anyone else find it irritating?

I know. The computer already told me my trackpad is low on battery. But must it keep telling me the same thing every few minutes? It sticks in the upper right corner, blocking the view of more important things until one dismisses it.

Ok. Thank you. You already let me know about it. I am aware of it. Now STOP bothering me and let me change the darn battery when I please!

Anyone knows how to stop this notification?

Yes. I'm feeling moody tonight.

Thank you.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: The "Low Battery" notification is quite irritating!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Have you tried replacing the battery?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Re: The

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Have you tried replacing the battery?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok. I set myself for that...

It still has like 10%, and I don't have batteries right now until the weekend, when I do my shopping.

Last week it was the keyboard (spent my last pair on it)...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Can't help you there. Buy more batteries next time. Sorry, FM. This was too easy. Then again, I'd rather have the message than a battery leaking in my device it have it die at a critical moment.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

I'm only saying this one (hundred) times: Logitech Solar Powered Keyboard. No mo' bat'trees!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

My trackpad, mouse, and keyboard usually die very quickly after that warning comes up so I just change them right away. I have rechargeable batteries -- the type that will keep a charge sitting on a shelf for a few months -- ready to go.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:My trackpad, mouse, and keyboard usually die very quickly after that warning comes up so I just change them right away. I have rechargeable batteries -- the type that will keep a charge sitting on a shelf for a few months -- ready to go.
Likewise. I keep a set in a tray on my desk. Usually, it takes a week or so after the first notice before they die so that, when they go, I pop in a new set.

NiMH rechargeables last longer than NiCD. I found some Westinghouse 2000 mAh NiMH batteries at the hardware store that give me 7 to 8 weeks in between charges in my Magic TrackPad. Ha! I just found the package: Item #NB0021W

One pair I was using before was rated 1600 mAH and the other pair has 1800 on the label.

I don't recall what batteries Apple supplies but like many, I wasn't impressed at first. After three or four discharge/recharge cycles, however, I noticed that they stayed good longer. I will guess that they have an 1800 rating. I gave them to a daughter after I bought the Westinghouse set and she's still using them three years later.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

My batteries usually die BEFORE the warning, which is always interesting... the pointer moves, but you can't click on anything.

Goes like tis:

Crash? OH NOOO!
Oh.
No. Not a crash.
billf

Post by billf »

FMiguelez wrote:Anyone knows how to stop this notification?
Yes. Just let the batteries run out and then the notification will cease. :lol:

Seriously though, when that notification comes up on my system, it really means "you have five minutes before this thing is going to stop working unless you get new batteries in me now!"
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

My experience is different: I can work for about five days to a week after the the low battery warning first appears. So yeah, it does bother me that the warning pops up so often. Maybe it will be different now that I'm running Yosemite.
DP10.13