Used Mac Mini & Ebay advice

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Nibiru
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Nibiru »

Hey all!

Just saw this on eBay and I'm very interested. I've never bought anything off of eBay and was wondering what your thoughts were on these particular posts.

1 person has a loaded Mac Mini 16gb RAM, 256 SSD, etc. for just under $400.
This person also has 100% feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161464101221?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

It seems too good to be true, no?

Then there's another person with the same Mini, except with a 1TB HD, most likely the 5400 spinner, and asking $1225?!?!

Just looking for opinions and what some of you would do, or not do.

Thanks for any help!
Mac Mini M2 Pro - 16gb RAM - 500gb SSD | Apollo Twin Duo MkII | UAD Satellite x 2 (thunderbolt) | UAD plugins | Dell 2721QS Monitor | PMC Result 6 | DP 11.22 | Ableton | Luna
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Used Mac Mini & Ebay advice

Post by 4stripes »

The bidding doesn't really begin until the last 20 minutes. Chances are it will go a lot higher. The price you see now isn't what you'll see in 5 days. On an item with a lot of interest, I don't bid until the last day and less. Or I'll do a high but reasonable bid based on the market for the item, which can sometimes scare others off when they don't beat a bid several times in a row.

You have to gauge the market for what the end price is most likely to be. There's a whole strategy one can develop for bidding.
Nibiru

Post by Nibiru »

It seems like that'd be the case I guess. I'll just keep a watchful eye. I could've sworn I saw the same Mini with 5 days to go, listed at $1225. So weird.

Thank you very much for your wisdom. I really appreciate it!
Mac Mini M2 Pro - 16gb RAM - 500gb SSD | Apollo Twin Duo MkII | UAD Satellite x 2 (thunderbolt) | UAD plugins | Dell 2721QS Monitor | PMC Result 6 | DP 11.22 | Ableton | Luna
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

A friend of mine just bought a used MacPro from these guys and was very happy:

http://www.usedmac.com/products/apple-mac-mini

Might want to check them out as well.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »