Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Yosemite Tips and Tricks...

I'll list a few highlights I like (if anybody cares.... or wants to fight over them!)

#1 BATCH RENAME in the Finder
#2 FaceTime calls from the Mac (I wish I could make all my calls from there)
#3 Expand (green dot) moves any app to full screen.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: #3 Expand (green dot) moves any app to full screen.
...and if you do this in DP you can't get it back from full screen. I believe this is what they call a bug......
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

Guitar Gaz wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote: #3 Expand (green dot) moves any app to full screen.
...and if you do this in DP you can't get it back from full screen. I believe this is what they call a bug......
You can go to the upper right corner and take it out of full screen.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:You can go to the upper right corner and take it out of full screen.
Right. Don't you just hover your mouse up in the upper right and the menu bar reappears and you click the little icon to come out of full screen mode?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

No that doesn't work anymore - in Yosemite it should now be the left hand corner and this does not work in DP. In other apps the green button appears in the left hand corner when you hove the pointer there. Of course in DP that does not work. So it needs fixing - tried to report it to Motu but got a security warning about their site. Has anyone else reported this obvious bug?
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

re: My earlier post: I was WRONG WRONG WRONG! I got the error just now as well. No collapse arrows in the menu bar! I swear they were there yesterday!

Apologies guitargaz! You are correct - it is a bug!!!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Guitar Gaz wrote:No that doesn't work anymore - in Yosemite it should now be the left hand corner and this does not work in DP. In other apps the green button appears in the left hand corner when you hove the pointer there. Of course in DP that does not work. So it needs fixing - tried to report it to Motu but got a security warning about their site. Has anyone else reported this obvious bug?
Bummer. I haven't tried it. I don't use the consolidated window much and found I never used full screen mode much for DP.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:re: My earlier post: I was WRONG WRONG WRONG! I got the error just now as well. No collapse arrows in the menu bar! I swear they were there yesterday!

Apologies guitargaz! You are correct - it is a bug!!!
No worries - there has been some strange window behaviour but so far settled down. And as I posted on another topic: "And the problem with the full screen mode prompted me to do something I should have done ages ago - get rid of the Dock! Okay its been shrunk down and hidden by me - and I have now got Top Hat running as an app launcher. So I have less need of the full screen mode."

By the way still getting a security warning when I try to use MOTU Tech Links to register this bug. Is anyone else getting this problem - and can they register this bug Motu because I can't seem to at the moment?
Gary Shepherd
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

I had a nice little Finder Service that I made for batch renaming files. I guess Apple made a little Automator script.

Still it's good to have stuff that's there out of the box.

I know that Yosemite is basically Maverick's code with a face life, still I'm nervous about installing it. I'm not sure my 2008 MacPro will pickup phone calls, and AirDrop better work between my iOS devices and my MP. I need to check, because if not, I'm sticking with Mavericks (unless Apple cleaned up some audio subsystem that I didn't know about).

At least Ivy didn't go too "Hello Kitty" with OSX.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
frankf

Post by frankf »

There was a work around to make AirDrop work on MP 3,1 which I tried. It didn't work for me. I had read it's a hardware issue not OS, but I could be wrong. Haven't tried again in Mavericks. I'm still using file sharing. I'd love for AirDrop to work on the 3,1. It's a useful feature.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Guitar Gaz wrote: By the way still getting a security warning when I try to use MOTU Tech Links to register this bug. Is anyone else getting this problem - and can they register this bug Motu because I can't seem to at the moment?
Have managed to contact Motu Tech links about Full Screen mode and they have responded that it is a bug and being looked at.
Gary Shepherd
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Yosemite Window server problems: FWIW
http://www.macissues.com/2014/10/20/pre ... mite-down/
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Thanks for posting this. It's strange that this would happen; there were window server issues in earlier OS versions too. They "went away", so no doubt Apple knows why it's happening.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I know a lot of you use Audio Hijack Pro. FYI:
http://www.macworld.com/article/2837811 ... aster.html
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31