Have Bias Peak 6, need Peak 7!

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

macbodock
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Have Bias Peak 6, need Peak 7!

Post by macbodock »

mikehalloran wrote:I understood you exactly. You misunderstood my reply.

To my knowledge, every DAW on the market does this easily. It's a basic function. that's why I asked my question.

I recommended Bounce to a Disk in DP because a) it's the easiest way I know and b) if using a SSD, it takes a few seconds. You can check a box to have the mix (which can be mono) show up in your track list automatically. You will have to deselect the other tracks -- removing them does take a single mouse action and one key stroke, however.

How easy do you want it?
Well then I must be stupid...
I am looking to replicate my work flow that I used in Peak LE in another program. Since Peak LE is now broken. I never had to "Bounce to a Disk" in Peak LE. I don't know what SSD is and don't know if I used in Peak LE. As Ive said before my knowledge is very basic with DAW's. I would "mix" different audio pieces and mix them together in one track, because Peak LE only had one track L and R. Let say that I have a :30 sec spot with 2 audio elements bed music and my voice. I would mix in my voice with the bed music. Have you ever used peak in this way?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Have Bias Peak 6, need Peak 7!

Post by mikehalloran »

Well then I must be stupid...
No. Uninformed, yea, you gotta admit...

You do need to read or view a basic primer on how all this stuff works. What you are asking about is the most basic of tasks, whether it be mixing down analog tape as many of us started or basic digital audio recording.

Bounce to Disk is a DP term but there are ways to do this or something similar in everything – and I do mean everything. This short video covers a lot of ground but includes BTD, one of the many ways to mix and export audio in DP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AfhUb9Ryhw

Once you see this, perhaps my other posts will make sense. There are many other videos covering the basics.

Here's an older one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TFRu_OE4Ak
I don't know what SSD
Most people would have Googled that instead of complaining. Really, don't let me do it all for you.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro