2408 MK1, AD2 with G4...Help!!!

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

deviate
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

2408 MK1, AD2 with G4...Help!!!

Post by deviate »

Hey guys, newbie here, and I'd really appreciate any help...running a G4 w/ dual processors and OSX 10.2.8, and an first-gen 2408 with the 324 card, with three DA-88's...can't get anything out of the headphone outs except white noise, either constant or bursts, depending on the sample rate I'm set to in the PCI audio console. There's a glitch in that, too--the words to the left of the "enable routing" checkbox lood like they were typed on top of each other...can't tell what it's supposed to say, something-routing. Anyway, I updated Quicktime (there was a note about that in the updates), to no avail. Also installed AudioDesk 2, and it doesn't work...just mentiones it at the top of the screen, as if it's running, but the console never opens, and it goes to the "applications" screen, as if I'm supposed to open it thru there, except it won't work because AD isn't highlighted (clickable). I've repaired permissions, also to no avail....anybody have any ideas? There's a guy on this board, StudioDog I think, that's running a config similar to this with success, so I know it's possible. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks in advance-- --Tony
Tony's Drum & Cymbal Works
Degilu Sound Lab
Bennet, Nebraska