No Audio With Mountain Lion Through PCI 424 ••RESOLVED••

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No Audio With Mountain Lion Through PCI 424 ••RESOLVED••

Post by buzzsmith »

EDIT: Turns out that the default output on the PCI 424 card (via MOTU PCI Audio Setup) was somehow reset to the 2408 mk II. Reset it to the 24I/O and now I'm back to "normal".

This is bewildering me!

I'm currently running a dual boot system meaning that I can revert back to 10.6.8 for applications that are not ML friendly.

Most of the time, I am running ML 10.8.5 off of an SSD drive.

Everything is working fine (even though as I move along I find little quirks that have to be adjusted...redo key commands, some function keys are different, etc.)

However, yesterday it appears that I've lost all audio output from ML through the MOTU PCI 424 card...except for DP 8.06!

No iTunes, YouTube or space bar "play" shortcut are being processed by the 424 card. FWIW, we did have a few seconds of a brief near power outage caused by nearby thunderstorms. The Mac stayed on, but I had to power off and power on the 3 I/Os to reset. The MOTU 24 I/O is my primary interface.

I can't say with certainty if the issue existed before the near disruption of power, but all was working fine the day before.

>> If I boot up from the 10.6.8 drive, everything is fine. <<

• I've checked Audio MIDI Setup and it appears correct.
• System Preferences>Sound has the PCI-424 selected.
• System Volume is up.
• DP works exactly as expected.
• I've quit and rebooted several times.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)