I just came across this great video and...

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

chrissy87
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

I just came across this great video and...

Post by chrissy87 »

...I want one of these breath controllers too! Does anyone know where I can buy it?

FMiguelez

Re: I just came across this great video and...

Post by FMiguelez »

Have you checked Sweetwater? There's a link at the top of the page.

I know Shooshie uses one. And he gets great results...

I've been seriously considering one of those for myself. I don't know if you need to be really fluent in WW technique for them to work. The thing is that I also want to learn to play the guitar (at least scratch it), and both must require lots and lots of practice. Not enough time!

I wonder what fingering one uses when blowing on one of those controllers.
Shoosh?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rnappi

Post by rnappi »

Post by chrissy87 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am
...I want one of these breath controllers too! Does anyone know where I can buy it?
Here ya go:http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-mi ... controller

Post by FMiguelez » Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 am
I've been seriously considering one of those for myself. I don't know if you need to be really fluent in WW technique for them to work. The thing is that I also want to learn to play the guitar (at least scratch it), and both must require lots and lots of practice. Not enough time

I wonder what fingering one uses when blowing on one of those controllers.

Generally speaking, a breath controller is just a poly tube w/ a mouthpiece that responds to air pressure. The only practicing would be to coordinate your breathing/keyboard playing and learn how your particular setup responds to it. Wind controllers on the other hand, such as Akai or Yamaha, can interpret fingering,tonguing & embouchure. Proper technique is required to get the most out of these controllers. They also let you set the key configuration to a variety of different wind instruments.

rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5
chrissy87

Post by chrissy87 »

Many thanks for that link... on their page there are links to other videos, these two are really amazing. In the second one the interesting bit starts at about 1m30

minimidi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by minimidi »

I have the TEControl USB breath controller and it is great. Very intuitive, no need to learn complicated fingerings. Works fantastic for brass and woodwind. Particularly well suited for Samplemodeling VIs. Get one, you won't regret it.