Help! Amin security has me locked out of disk utility

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help! Amin security has me locked out of disk utility

Post by Henry Robinett »

This is probably stupid. I was doing the latest OS 10.3.6 download-update, walked away and when I came back half hour later the powerbook was frozen, screen black. So I force quit. Ever since the computers been acting wierd. I don't know if it's the latest OS or if there was suppose to be a dialogue to reset some security stuff . . .

I was trying to erase an audio partition for an upcoming recording. It asks for my admin name and password but won't accept it. Arrghh! I have done other things since where the password is asked for and it's fine. I've even reset the admin name and password!!!

Ideas? Help???
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
jon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Help! Amin security has me locked out of disk utility

Post by jon »

Originally posted by Henry Robinett:
This is probably stupid. I was doing the latest OS 10.3.6 download-update, walked away and when I came back half hour later the powerbook was frozen, screen black. So I force quit. Ever since the computers been acting wierd. I don't know if it's the latest OS or if there was suppose to be a dialogue to reset some security stuff . . .

I was trying to erase an audio partition for an upcoming recording. It asks for my admin name and password but won't accept it. Arrghh! I have done other things since where the password is asked for and it's fine. I've even reset the admin name and password!!!

Ideas? Help???
Sign in as a root/user or make a new password and user id but better yet go post at Apple Support discussions powerbook.
MAC PRO 2x2.26 / OSX 10.7.2 & 6 GB RAM., POWERMAC G5 2x2. / OSX 10.5.9 & 4 GB RAM., MAC BOOK 2.0 / OSX 10.7.2 & 2GB RAM.,DP 7.24, Logic Pro, Motu 896mk3, Lynx Aurora 8, Motu Ultralite Mk3, UAD-2 6.1.0, Mackie Onyx 800R, V-Drums.
kmixx
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Help! Amin security has me locked out of disk utility

Post by kmixx »

If you are still locked out, all you have to do is boot up form the installation CD; and reset the password.