Clock in menu bar and keyboard issue

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Clock in menu bar and keyboard issue

Post by rickorick »

Hi I just installed 10.6.8 on a 2006 1,1 Mac Pro. I had it on the floor transferring everything
from my old G5. Everything was working fine so I decided to put it where the G5 was next to
the board and all. I got everything hooked up got all the kinks worked out but the clock in the
menu bar won't come up, I turned it on in the preferences and it goes back out, spotlight won't
come on and now the keyboard is weird with punctuation this is the ' 7 key with shift this@ is
{ with no shift. I have a USB hub hooked up but I pulled the cable out and plugged the keyboard
in the front. I'm running my MIDI Express XT's off the hub with an iLok for BPM, also I have
2 monitors hooked up where I only had 1 on the other side of the room, also I have the 24i/o
and the 2408 hooked up where I didn't before. I'm going to call the local Mac guys tomorrow
but I thought I'd give a try here cause I read everything and you guys all way seem to know
something. And I've repaired the permissions every time I installed something new or got a
cup of coffee.
Thanks
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
mikehalloran

Re: Clock in menu bar and keyboard issue

Post by mikehalloran »

How did you "transfer everything"? If it wasn't Migration Assistant or Time Machine, it should have been.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rickorick

Re: Clock in menu bar and keyboard issue Resolved

Post by rickorick »

Hi Mike Thanks for checking in. I just got in. I transfered the things I needed by copying them to a G Drive
from the G5 to the Mac Pro. But I think what happened is I have some firewire drives and a USB hub
hooked up so I started over and just ran the machine like I was before and everything worked
with just a mouse monitor and keyboard. So I figured out that the keyboard that worked fine
with the G5 wasn't working right with the Mac Pro, so I switched that out with a new one that
I hadn't been using(this one) and started hooking things back up one at a time so now I just
have the 24i/o, 2408, 2 MIDI XT's the G Drive, mouse and keyboard. So now everything is
working except the USB hub which I'll hook up tomorrow and see what happens.
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24