Logitech Control 3.9 + Mavericks = UGH!!! :(

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Logitech Control 3.9 + Mavericks = UGH!!! :(

Post by BKK-OZ »

Another option to lose some time playing with (not mousey, kinda mousey for your ipad):

Actions turns your iPad into a remote control for your Mac with a number of quick access, one-touch shortcut buttons that launch apps, perform commands and more.

http://www.icreatemagazine.com/tips/tut ... h-actions/

I've been looking around for options for remote control from my shiny new iPad. I have V-Control, but I dunno if that is the best I can do.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think there's also something called KeyStation that lets you do a lot of stuff. I haven't messed with it. I found that for all the "cool factor" of having set up virtual buttons that did stuff on my iPad, it was just as fast to use the Mac keyboard the old-fashioned way. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Logitech Control 3.9 + Mavericks = UGH!!! :(

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Well since my last post i checked Craig's List and there was an MX Revolution on there for $29! In Monterey Park which is about 40 minutes south. So of course, i grabbed it since used MX Rev's are going for like $200+ on eBay and Amazon! Cool. Now I have a backup and/or parts. Should be good to go for a few more years - and saved a bundle (or I'll put it on Amazon for $250... LOL!) Nah, I'll keep it.

SOLD!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/sy ... 79853.html
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well, I'm revisiting this thread to sadly say that I'm not digging SteerMouse so much anymore. It constantly loses communication with the OS and forgets the middle button assignment (which I have set to Opt+Primary Click). It must happen often, because the developer even includes a "Reconnect" button for you to periodically click to fix the problem when the buttons stop working. I maybe need to go give USB Overdrive another try.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

That sucks. A lot of these 3rd party apps were developed years ago and I suspect they just have not kept up with all the OS internal changes.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... thanks for the sympathy. :boohoo: :D My old mouse I think is beginning to have some hardware failure anyway. I suspect the scroll/tilt wheel is beginning to wear out and issues with scrolling using the wheel may be hardware related. If you ever see one of the cool Revolutions for sale online and you don't need to snatch up another to have in reserve for yourself, shoot me a message. :) Seems like it's a cool "piece of kit" as the Brits like to say! :)

MIDI Life Crisis

I actually have a spare I bought a few months ago. Once the current one dies, the extra is ready to rock. This is such a great device, and in combination with the Logitech solar powered kbd, a great combo. Logitech is selling a new combo with a non-solar wireless kbd and a "similar" mouse that looks so close you'd think it was the same one, but it's not. I bought one and had to return it. The DON'T BUY combo is here.

Check your local craig's list. How far are you from Irvine? $50 is a great price. They run up to about $@50 on Amazon & eBay!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search ... catAbb=sss
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Irvine is about an hour and a half. I'll have to think that one over. Even though I have an economical car that's probably $25 bucks in gas right there which I could add to the amazon/ebay price and break even.