Windows10, Can someone tell me how.... Solved

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Windows10, Can someone tell me how.... Solved

Post by Timeline »

Hw to put VSL 64 plugins which currently appear at the bottom of the MAS plugs, into the alternative plugin section of DP's PC plug preferences. Was told I have to move them there manually as they won't move. If anyone knows where Windows 10 stores these VI's for DP 9.51, I would appreciate the addresses.

With the help from VSL online manipulating my machine, the plugs were mved to the proper place and all 32 bit apps were terminasted to success.
Last edited by Timeline on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Windows10, Can someone tell me how....

Post by mesayre »

Can you be more specific? I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

Are you asking how to organize the plugins in the effect chooser? Or something else?
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Windows10, Can someone tell me how....

Post by Timeline »

mesayre wrote:Can you be more specific? I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.
Are you asking how to organize the plugins in the effect chooser? Or something else?
Not sure. I contacted VSL and they told me the VSL plugins must me moved to the "alternative" plugins section of the plugin preference page at the bottom of the page. Why the install didn't automatically put them there after loading VSL OR why I'm unable to move them after the instal is a mystery.

So... In a mac you can find the plugins in the audio folder of library. Macs though don't have this special section labeled alternative plugins like the PC version does in prefs.

My question again: where can I locate the folder for plugins and the folder for alternative plugins on Windows 10?
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2