RME TotalMix Fader Affected by Clicking in Digital Performer

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
soulicious
Primary DAW OS: Windows

RME TotalMix Fader Affected by Clicking in Digital Performer

Post by soulicious »

After setting my settings in TotalMix, if I switch over to DP to work, as soon as I click into DP one of the faders in TotalMix rises to 100% and the pan on that channel goes fully left.

Since I have been working in Cakewalk Sonar for years I haven't experienced this, but since recently moving to DP it has become an issue. Between extensive Google searches and goning through a bunch of settings in the DP preferences, I still can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone have any insights on this?

I'm on Windows 10 with DP 9.5 and TotalMix 1.43.

Thanks in advance!
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: RME TotalMix Fader Affected by Clicking in Digital Perfo

Post by stubbsonic »

You've probably already done this, but I'd go into TotalMix and make sure things like MIDI control and OSC control are disabled. There might be something being transmitted from DP that TotalMix is responding to. Look at other settings in TM that might be related.

(That's a TotalGuess).
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com