Hide empty tracks?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jazzylee77
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Hide empty tracks?

Post by jazzylee77 »

I can't believe it's been 4 years since I got DP8 and I've hardly used it till the past week. But I put in maybe 40-50 hours creating a music video for a group present.

So I was just bashing my way through it with limited knowledge of how best to proceed. I watched countless videos and read the manual and all that years ago, but of course that info has drifted away.

I presented a rough draft for viewing last night which was fine for a noisy party atmosphere, but now I want to really clean things up and do a proper mix before posting it for them to share.

blah blah blah...

Anyway, there has to be a simple way to hide all empty tracks without going through them individually. I have a collection of projects that began with this monster template and its kinda crazy having to sort through all the wasted space. (yeah I know i should have used chunks and other organizing tools, but as I said I was just bashing through it with what I could make work)
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Hide empty tracks?

Post by FMiguelez »

Yes, there is an easy way. It's in one of the new menus at the top (not infront of DP now). There are a few criteria you can show/hide tracks by, empty ones being one of them. You can even create sets, IIRC.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
jazzylee77

Post by jazzylee77 »

Ooops, not sure how I posted in this part of the forum.

FMiguelez,I'm using DP 8. I've searched many a day for some option in the menus like this. You mentioned it being in a new menu. What was the old way of doing this, if you recall? Might be enough to nudge me into the $200 upgrade, but then again if its another 4 years before I use it again...
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill
mesayre

Post by mesayre »

That is a new feature in DP9. Don't think it was possible in 8.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB