Please help: Activation impossible

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
peter
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Please help: Activation impossible

Post by peter »

Hi everybody,
just for the fun of it I installed the latest version of DP9 on my Windows 10 netbook. Everything went smooth but it doesn't let me activate it. I typed in my email, name and a valid keycode but "Activate" is still greyed out. Any ideas on this?
Oh yes, I'm offline, according to MOTU this shouldn't be a problem with challenge and response, but how do I get there?
Thanks for helping.
Peter
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Please help: Activation impossible

Post by mikehalloran »

You still need an internet connection. The license server needs your name, activation code and email address exactly the way you have it registered at MOTU.

The mistake I often made was using minus signs from the number pad instead of dashes.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Valpal
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Please help: Activation impossible

Post by Valpal »

I'm having a similar problem but with DP 10. I'm just looking to start the demo for now and I downloaded everything just fine. The only problem I'm running into is the activation. I enter my email and name and click start demo. Right after, it just quits. This is very unfortunate because I'm a college student and I need this for a lot of my projects. Any suggestions are really appreciated.