[SOLVED] DP9 and TouchOSC

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MatFluor
Primary DAW OS: Windows

[SOLVED] DP9 and TouchOSC

Post by MatFluor »

Hey there,

was anybody able to get TouchOSC to work with DP on win 10?

If I set OSC under Control Surface setup, I only see an input port, but no output, and I cannot find something in DP to validate that is receives the Messages I'm sending.

The PC receives OSC messages, so that *per se* works. MIDI-Messages and Keyboard Shortcuts through TouchOSC Bridge work as well - I just can't see anywhere if DP is receiving the mesages, and where it outputs them?

Any help is appreciated

Edit [SOLVED]:
It seems like TouchOSC does not support the way Motu implemented OSC in DP (multiple parameters). If the contrary is true, I only have found un-answered forum posts about that on the hexler forum, I mark it as solved, but still, if I'm wrong, please correct me.
Last edited by MatFluor on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
reedster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9 and TouchOSC

Post by reedster »

Message receipt is indicated in MIDI Monitor. Shift W.

beyond receipt, unknown how to view contents.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
MatFluor

Post by MatFluor »

reedster wrote:Message receipt is indicated in MIDI Monitor. Shift W.

beyond receipt, unknown how to view contents.
Ok, thanks - I'll have a look when I'm back home
MatFluor

Post by MatFluor »

Alright - the MIDI Monitor was the one I already looked at - and there is no indication of anything OSC-wise - I see the TouchOSC Bridge, and that works (as stated earlier) when I send MIDI or Key Commands over it, but OSC Messages are nowhere to be seen. I know that the port is correct and that my Tablet sends OSC messages (verified with another OSC tool to troubleshoot that), and using the /Delete command.

I think that TouchOSC cannot handle DP's OSC implementation - Delete works, it doesn't need a parameter (except being triggered), but e.g. Zoom needs two - and touch OSC cannot send two parameters, at least as far as I've seen. So, not DP's fault at all, more TouchOSC can't do that. bummer.
reedster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: [SOLVED] DP9 and TouchOSC

Post by reedster »

sorry to send you to MIDI Monitor - not much good for OSC.

Thanks much for the /Delete info.

This might be of interest:

http://apps.incalcando.com/parat-docume ... performer/
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule