Omf trying to get dp3 files to dp9

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
atemporarywind
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Omf trying to get dp3 files to dp9

Post by atemporarywind »

hey all,

Wondering if anyone has any insights on this. I have a bunch of omfs that I made from dp3 files.

I have them on my computer with dp9

I swear I've done this with no issues before but all the sudden I go to import the Omf it says it's loading... Then the session opens and it shuts down.

It looks like it's created the project else where do I go to that folder and I go to open it and I get an error -39

Even though it's created a folder with all the audio files and it looks ready... It won't open :/

I've tried to move the original dp3 file over to dp9 as well and I just keep hitting a wall.

So if anyone has any insights I'd sure appreciate it as I've entered head hitting the wall with rage mode.

I had this figured out about 4 months ago... Just terribly frustrating

Thanks in advance.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Omf trying to get dp3 files to dp9

Post by mikehalloran »

Windows? Hmmmm... try zipping the DP 3 project folders, then decompress and see if you can open the copies in DP 9.

No idea if that will work but it’s easy to try.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
atemporarywind
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by atemporarywind »

Thank you Mike,

I'll give it a shot.

what's strange is I was able to get this to work a few months back. Then 9.5 went and uploaded itself on my computer and things just haven't been the same... I uninstalled and went back to 9.1. I need people other then me to find all that potholes with the PC version of 9.5 :)

I'll report back with any progress.

What I'm seeing in some of the older forums is that at -39 error means the files aren't pointing to the right directory. What's frustrating is say you open a session called "x"

and then while in the session you import the omf "y" into it. In my case is shuts down the session. Then it creates a new session called "z" and then when I try to open that it won't open... gives me the -39 though I can see the audio files.

I can take the audio files and put them in a new sessions but they're not arranged/lined up so cobbling together multiple takes of old sessions... I'd just as soon re-record it all...

but hey, I'll give the zip an attempt and see what happens and report back. I can't be the only one in the same pickle as the DP3 options for exporting weren't all that great.... Maybe I'll take them to an Pro tools computer and have them made into wavs...

be well
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Before DP 8, Digital Performer was Mac only. I can still open my DP 2.x – 7.24 files in 9.51.

Good Luck.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rp88.2

Post by rp88.2 »

Hi:

I know this is an older thread. But if you haven’t solved it yet, here’s an idea.

If you have a buddy with a Mac or access to one install DP 9.51 on it open the DP 3 projects and then export to DP 9 format. I would be pretty sure that DP on Windows could open then.

Used to do this (find a version that would open and convert) when friends gave me PPT 97 files that were PC and Mac Office could only open 2001 files.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.