Is Ozone 8 Advanced not compatible with DP9

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Is Ozone 8 Advanced not compatible with DP9

Post by Mathematics »

So, I demo'd Ozone 8 with Pro Tools and Ableton Live but not with DP...so, that's on me. Anyway, I bought Ozone 8 Advanced and apparently DP9 won't load the plugins. They were all tagged with errors during the plugin scan. I have Ozone 5 as well but that loads fine. Anyone tried to override the errors? Did it work? Having the same issue? Is this perhaps an isolated issue?

I don't master much with DP anyway so, I'm not too worried about not having the ability of using this plugin suite but I would think that this Mastering Suite should load at the very least. Odd. :boohoo:
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is Ozone 8 Advanced not compatible with DP9

Post by Phil O »

I just upgraded from Ozone 7 (standard) to Ozone 8 (advanced) and everything is working fine. See my sig for system info. O-8 is installed on my 8 core machine. Perhaps it's a Windows thing. I'd call MOTU and/or iZotope and ask.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

Working great here but I, too, am on a Mac.

You list Win 7. 32bit or 64bit? I don’t know if it makes a difference with Ozone but it does with many apps.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Mathematics »

Hey Mike. It's a 64-bit. I successfully replaced and upgraded most of my 32-bit plugins collected over the years to 64-bit, with the exception of some soft synths which cannot be replaced because the developer died.

Phil, thanks for that. For the sake of efficient consolidation, I had a single VST folder where I save all my plugins but I also have a 32-bit folder nested in it as well. For a long time there hasn't been any issue but I decided to move it outside of the parent directory and rescan the plugins again. This time DP accepted the Ozone 8 plugins. As odd as it may seem, I'll just keep the 32-bit folder outside the 64-bit one.

Because some programs only have a single plugin path, (Cool Edit Pro and some Adobe products) that is why I nested the 32-bit plugins into the 64-bit folder. Like I said...all has been fine for years until this day with Izotope. Now looking at my original thinking, I'll keep them separate since most of the software I is the current 64-bit version. The other older software will just have to be phased out soon I guess. Time for change.
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai