Input on MIDI tracks ghosted out

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
schnedler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Input on MIDI tracks ghosted out

Post by schnedler »

I would appreciate any help here.

I recently upgraded to DP9.5 on a PC. I use a Nektar Impact LX88 as my control surface (musical keyboard). The LX88 shows up as an output option on MIDI tracks and shows up under Remap MIDI devices and the MIDI monitor shows it is receiving a signal when I play it, but EVERY MIDI track on EVERY project is completely ghosted out. It will not let me select anything, nor is anything listed. In the tracks view, every MIDI track has ANY selected as the input, but it can't be changed.

What do I need to do for the input options not to be ghosted out and my LX88 to show up as an input option on the MIDI tracks? Thanks in advance.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Input on MIDI tracks ghosted out

Post by stubbsonic »

The first thing is to make sure any drivers that are required are installed. This will make sure that AudioMIDI Setup sees the device and allows you to configure it.

That's the second thing, open AudioMIDI Setup (in your Utilities folder) and make sure you are seeing your controller in the MIDI window. There may be some connections to make with little virtual wires, depending on how it is configured. That info would be part of your controllers setup instructions.

The third thing would be to make sure DP sees everything as it should.

Obviously, the controller would not be in your destination list, but if it has MIDI ports, it might publish those as potential destinations.

If you want to see the controller on the input side, you would have to enable Multi Record. I think that's in the STUDIO menu. This allows you to assign different MIDI sources to each track.

If after all this, you still are getting things working, post here and we'll see if we can get you sorted.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com