Edit Registered User on Splash Screen

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Edit Registered User on Splash Screen

Post by Mathematics »

By the way, is there a way to edit the registered username on the splash screen? I want to capitalize my name so it's nice and big when I load up DP.

By the way, how are you guys liking that new time stretching update they put into 9.5? Apparently Monophonic DNA is now Polyphonic. What an update!
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Edit Registered User on Splash Screen

Post by mikehalloran »

I'm guessing but you may have to change your name on MOTU.com.

You have to enter your name and other info exactly the way that the MOTU license server wants see it before you can authorize your copy — normally applies to the first installation of any version unless you move it to other computers.

That may not be right but it makes sense to me.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Edit Registered User on Splash Screen

Post by Mathematics »

Hey Mike,

Well, I thought there might be a .ini file I can edit because I can spell my name with lower case letters, upper case letters, or a combination of both, because I've done that on several installations.

So, I don't think editing my user account info on the Motu servers will matter. I guess I'll just email Motu and ask their techs. Thanks for your response though.
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai