Crashes - seemingly related to video

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dscid
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Crashes - seemingly related to video

Post by dscid »

I just installed the latest demo, and have been trying to set up a template. All was well- I set up all of the essentials. I decided to import a video, and it became unstable. I wanted to continue pushing forward with the actual template, so I ignored the problem. Now that I've finished the setup, I can't ignore it any longer :P

The video doesn't seem to cause the crash. Rather, it crashes consistently after extracting the audio to a track.

Any advice/ideas?

Win10/VEP6/DP9/RME HDSP 9562
i7 7700k@ 5ghz/ 16gb DDR4 > Win10 > HDSP 9652 master> Scarlett 18i20 slave> DP9/Cubase > VEP 6 >
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Crashes - seemingly related to video

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm not sure about the formats for Windows visual media, but two things to try.

1) Re-export the video to create a new, fresh video file.

2) Re-export the video and reduce the size (resolution).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
dscid
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Crashes - seemingly related to video

Post by dscid »

This may have helped. I was able to watch a shorter animated episode for several minutes. I stopped the video, tried to access the mixer and boom-crash.

So this crash was different in that I tried to open another window (with video stopped, but audio extracted). I tried to open the mixer because after clicking on the Sequence tab, I received an error for the first time, but no crash.

Also, the manual says that any video file that I open with Windows Media Player should be able to be opened in DP9. But .MKV is not showing up as a valid file when I browse for a video and is invalid if I 'Show All Files' and try to open.

I know many people are getting along with DP9/Windows/VEP, so what gives? It can't be a bad plugin, because I have not loaded any plugs besides VEP at this point.

Trashed Prefs didn't help. Crash occurred in Safe-DP9 mode. Is support offered for 'demo users'?
i7 7700k@ 5ghz/ 16gb DDR4 > Win10 > HDSP 9652 master> Scarlett 18i20 slave> DP9/Cubase > VEP 6 >