Enabling only a few plugins. DP won't load

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

I have a project that seems to have some glitchy issues, so I would like to only enable plugins that I plan on using. I Disable All and select just a few: VEP, Kontakt, Omnisphere, and a couple others.

When I exit out of the Preferences window, the audio system restarts but I get the error that says there are missing plugins, even the ones I enabled. When I go back into Preferences, it only shows stock MAS plugs.

Why is DP not keeping the few plugins I've selected for the project?
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Enabling only a few plugins. DP won't load

Post by James Steele »

Just a long shot, but I believe there's a MAS plug called "MAS AudioUnit Support" that is needed for AU plugs to work with DP. Any chance you disabled that one?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

James Steele wrote:Just a long shot, but I believe there's a plug called MAS Audio Unit support or something of that nature that is needed for AU plugs to work with DP. Any chance you disabled that one?
GREAT call!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
James Steele wrote:Just a long shot, but I believe there's a MAS plug called "MAS AudioUnit Support" that is needed for AU plugs to work with DP. Any chance you disabled that one?
GREAT call!
Yeah... he hasn't responded, but I think that's it. Either that, or if he's using VSTs, then he might have disabled "MAS VST Support" as well and those won't show up either. I'm wondering if maybe MOTU ought to consider hiding that from the disable list, or at least have a pop up warning when you disable it that it will affect other plug-ins?

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

He's on Windows, so I don't know if it works exactly the same way.

PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

Sorry for the late response. When I enable all of the MAS plugins, it then allows my 3rd party plugs to work. So I think you're right, there's probably a MAS VST support plug in there that needs to be enabled (didn't check specifically for it yet!).
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It's among the MAS plugs. There's "MAS AudioUnit Support" and "MAS VST Support" plug ins. If you disable them, AUs and VSTs (respectively) will not load. Re-enable those and your AU and VST plugs will load again.